Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers interested in DeSean Jackson for the right price...

386 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm fully prepared to go through the eye of the shitstorm, but... who would be more helpful to this team. Hardy or Jackson?

Hardy

Posted · Report post

yes but nooooooooooo

kid-slams-head-on-desk-o.gif

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm fully prepared to go through the eye of the shitstorm, but... who would be more helpful to this team. Hardy or Jackson?

Hardy by a mile.  Guy can play DE at a high level for every down, and is what... 25?

Our front 7 is envious good.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

That contract makes it impossible for us to trade. Sad, cuz he could probably be had for a 4th and 2015 conditional pick.

Unless somehow, he is way closer to Cam then we thought and was willing to take a pay cut but I doubt it.

Posted · Report post

Koch teasers

Posted · Report post

First, I don't think its happening, because of his contract. But if Eagles were determined to move him, and Panther's gave up a three, might they take back a RB contract or Godfrey to lessen a cap hit?

Posted · Report post

Many still don't understand how flexible and creative teams can be with the cap if they want someone bad enough. I'm not advocating for or against Jackson, but we could absolutely free up the cap space if the team wanted him.

Are people forgetting examples like the recent Flacco contract? He's earning 20+ million a year, yet his first year cap hit was 6 million.

There are always ways to get deals done.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

His contract isn't guaranteed.

Give him guaranteed $$$ at a lower number.

I think he'd do it to play with Cam.

Posted · Report post

I don't think the Eagles would take one of our RBs, and I can't imagine *anyone* taking Godfrey right now.  Maybe if we paid them to take him...

Posted · Report post

Unless somehow, he is way closer to Cam then we thought and was willing to take a pay cut but I doubt it.

Would you take a multi million dollar pay cut to work with your best friend??, when you guys can still hang whether you work together or not?

No way he takes the kind of pay cut we would need him to take.

Posted · Report post

First, I don't think its happening, because of his contract. But if Eagles were determined to move him, and Panther's gave up a three, might they take back a RB contract or Godfrey to lessen a cap hit?

They definitely wouldn't take back a RB because they have 3-4 capable backs now. 

But they do have a need at safety. I doubt Godfrey would be involved though. Player for player type trades are sorta rare.

Posted · Report post

If we got Jackson. Omg. Id fuckin cum.