Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiquan Underwood Visiting Panthers

72 posts in this topic

Posted

I liked what I saw of him last year with the Bucs, and he is someone I thought might make a decent target for us, so yeah, hope they can get him.

Posted

I like the thought of Underwood coming here.  On our budget we could do a helluva lot worse.  My eyes could deceive me, but I see some upside in this kid. I can see him coming in and replacing LaFell.  He has shown flashes, and it's somewhat difficult to determine the reasons for his inconsistency. He would probably make a solid WR3 if he could get it all together, or at least provide good depth in a pinch.

One of the nicest guys in the Bucs locker room is Tiquan Underwood. Really sharp, really smart, and simply an all around good dude. So it pains Joe to see good guys struggle like Underwood is.

Underwood had a fantastic game against the Lions with two touchdowns, including an 85-yard bomb from Mike Glennon that was simply beautiful. Since that game, Underwood has pretty much been invisible.

One reason is Underwood flashed against the Lions and now every team is game-planning against him, said Bucs commander Greg Schiano.

“I think there are a lot of factors,” Schiano said. “One is the thing you mentioned that people are aware that he is a deep threat and a speed threat. Two, some of it has been just not there. Three, we’ve had opportunities and he’s had a couple drops since then. I think it all mixes together, but that was a career day for him. That day isn’t the norm. We’d like to make it his norm, but that wasn’t the norm or hasn’t been the norm I should say.”

Link

1 person likes this

Posted

He's fast as poo

Posted

Very fast.  He is Heyward-Bey fast.

Do we think he is a better possible producer than the Terrapin?

Posted

He's so fast that the QB has a hard time finding him on the field...all he sees is a blur

Posted

I could live with it

Posted

Nice deep threat!!

Posted

wasnt he with brady.... so he has a hof qb but till has not made it....but hes super fast  :thumbsu:

Posted

Probably doesn't have to worry about concussions with the extra cushion in the helmet.

Posted

Like the speed but the 18 yd avg has to be spiked by that 85 yd TD.

Still like the signing (if it happens) so that we can then invest draft pick in OL.  Cam needs time and high dollar RB's need graders.  Draft is deep at WR, get OL in first, WR second.

Posted

I like the thought of Underwood coming here.  On our budget we could do a helluva lot worse.  My eyes could deceive me, but I see some upside in this kid. I can see him coming in and replacing LaFell.  He has shown flashes, and it's somewhat difficult to determine the reasons for his inconsistency, he would probably make a solid WR3 if he could get it all together, or at least provide good depth in a pinch.

Link

I feel the same way, he has unbelievable speed at a very decent height. He had absolutely no chances his first three seasons in the NFL with Jacksonville and NE, he had a limited role with the Bucs and put up really eye popping numbers for the amount of receptions he had. 440 yards on 24 receptions is crazy, 18.3 a reception... if he could put those numbers up while averaging 50-60 receptions we could have a solid #2-3 WR

Posted

I like Underwood, I was surprised when I saw no one picked him up yet. Would love to get him.