Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Jonathon Jones and Joe Person - Observer Panthers "coverage"

Person creates problems by making poo up and insinuating things that are never said.  Not only should he lose his job, but he should be beaten with soap filled tube socks

Just thought I would repost this, seems like an appropriate place.

This was at the Gross retirement PC

person2_zps1bfab370.png

Even CatScratchReadr gets more scoops than these two guys!

It's like they keep refreshing there twitter feed and see some douche like rappaport pop up with a rumour or news and copy & paste it as *breaking panther news.

I want to get paid for that.  I do that already.

Over/Under 15 Pages for this one.

Ill go the over.

Here's Persons latest tweet

@josephperson: Covered a few Mercer games in a near-empty Macon Coliseum, most famous for hosting a couple of Elvis concerts. The Bears all grown-up now.

Tweeting out his résumé.

Annnnd Lets Go Duke!

My favorite thing they do is after someone else reports something joe person will say that the observer can confirm their report and then after mike pessinger and JJ will tweet according to joe person, not giving the oroginal guy any credit. They also retweet the same link multiple times thorough out the day. If JJ tweeted as much about the Panthers as much as he self promotes his stupid bracket then he wouldn't be completely useless. Joe on the other hand is a lost cause. You can just tell when Gettleman answers his questions how big of a joke he thinks he is.

Darin Gantt is still my favorite Panthers news guy. He may be a cynical asshole but he's right most of the time.

Back when Steve Reed ran CarolinaGrowl.com you couldn't go wrong with him either.

Gantt was such a brown noser for the old organization it's no wonder he scorns the new administration with his corny attempts at making saucy jokes. He just comes off as a goober like someone who makes obamacare jokes 14 seconds into small talk with a stranger at the supermarket.

Steve Reed and Bill Voth are probably the best guys covering the team

@pantherfan1983: @josephperson @jjones9 just thought you guys might be interested in some insight from local fans @CarolinaHuddle . http://t.co/HhwR8T7l8c

Keep us informed on if/when they reply. Person doesn't seem like the kind of guy that handles constructive criticism well.

No disrespect in what I am about to tell you but this is basically like stating that the sky is blue.  Agree that it is pathetic though.

None taken my brother - I'm just sick of this "coverage" from them.  Panthro basically has convinced me that there's some sort of illuminati conspiracy from JR as the reason the coverage on the team is so poor. 

@pantherfan1983: @josephperson @jjones9 just thought you guys might be interested in some insight from local fans @CarolinaHuddle . http://t.co/HhwR8T7l8c

Are you crazy? those two bros are way toooooo busy reporting on the Panthers to read a message board. 

By the way, you are horrible at your jobs Person and Jones. 

What is embarrassing is when I go to other websites and you see "inside information" from beat writers around the league and when it gets to the Panthers its just Person making something up or guessing.  Which is pretty much all he does.  I honestly believe he has no sources.  And I liked JJ at first but he has annoyed me more and more since he started.