Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Jonathon Jones and Joe Person - Observer Panthers "coverage"

Well, as long as you know that he doesn't care about your fantasy FB team or bracket.

As he shouldn't. 

What is embarrassing is fans who think a beat writer's main job is to post scoops on Twitter before anyone else.

Is that you Joe, or is this Jonathan?

Either way, don't be mad bro's, just try to be competent at your job.

Is that you Joe, or is this Jonathan?

Either way, don't be mad bro's, just try to be competent at your job.

Some people here seem to be clueless about what that job is.  That is all.

Some people here seem to be clueless about what that job is. That is all.

Perhaps you should provide us your job description, so that us bottom feeders can better appreciate all of your hard work. We'll wait.

Perhaps you should provide us your job description, so that us bottom feeders can better appreciate all of your hard work. We'll wait.

To write articles for the Observer.

What?  I'm pretty sure the Panthers beat writers job description doesn't include creating breaking news on Twitter.

what happen to jay glazer??? that guy used to king of breaking news

He had surgery and then had some complications that caused double pneumonia, he's still not back. He announced on twitter earlier that he wouldn't make it to the owner's meetings.

why all the hand wringing, you guys expect a beat writer to announce every fart on the team when every playertrainer/locker room attendant has a twitter account? 

I'm hoping from a lot more from these guys than a "scoop" that the entire universe is aware of in 5 minutes. Who cares, give me some insight, some context.

Don't see the problem with these guys not being the first to post something onto Twitter. We're gonna see it regardless.

We signed Underwood? Cool, but why does it matter whether it's a national or local guy reporting it first? If it happened, it happened. No Twitter post is gonna change when/how it went down...

How did you old geezers get by when you had to wait until the morning paper to get your breaking news?

why all the hand wringing, you guys expect a beat writer to announce every fart on the team when every playertrainer/locker room attendant has a twitter account?

No, but when most of us follow the Ravens beat writer because he gets Panthers news before the Panthers beat writer gets news, we must wonder why we even have a beat writer.

I'm hoping from a lot more from these guys than a "scoop" that the entire universe is aware of in 5 minutes. Who cares, give me some insight, some context.

You won't get any of that from Person. Unless you're curious why Cam wasn't extended before he was eligible to be extended, you're not going to get much from Person.

Every once in a while, he'll say something like "don't look for the Panthers to sign Wharton" a few days before the Panthers sign Wharton. That's his level of insight.

Joe Person can start by getting a twitter avi where his mouth is closed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Keeppounding125