55 replies to this topic

#1 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Duke fan here. Just wanna say my team sucks. That's all. Enjoy your NCAA.

#2 FourthWard

FourthWard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationEl Wardo Quatro

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I wonder if Duke would benefit from being treated as if it were located in New Jersey by the selection committee.  I think they would have more fans supporting them if they played in whatever site is closest to NJ because it looked like they were outnumbered today.  I was in Greensboro for the Lehigh game and there were definitely more people rooting against Duke than for them.

#3 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'm also a Duke fan.

I made a thread earlier in the season stating UNC and Duke would finished unranked. I was wrong but overall I saw huge problems on the team and not once did I see them address the issues.

Duke has had a great history and they won a championship just 4 or 5 years ago so I wouldn't hit the panic button but two first round exits in three years is disappointing if not embarrassing.

This team was horrible today. Hood, Parker and Jefferson looked scared to be playing. The travels were things you wouldn't see in high school games.

Also what is the point in bringing in top athletes and then shooting 50 threes a game? I do not understand the approach. I did not think this team would lose in the first round because Parker is a legit talent. When they lost with Austin Rivers I was not surprised because Austin Rivers is a horrible basketball player who ball hogged his entire life to inflate his stock.

Things will have to change fast. UNCs violation funk will end in the next couple years. Then Lousiville is coming. Also Pitt had a down year, Notre Dame had an injury and Syracuse collapsed.

It's very likely none of that will happen next year and if Duke doesn't do more than win at Cameron they could find themselves missing the tournament if they continue to play so poorly away from home and not play defense.

Then again they do have the top rated class coming in next year. Coach K has done enough to earn some patience so I'll take the wounds and wait for next season.

#4 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

The announcers sait it best, it was about seniority. When was Duke the king? Back in the days of Christian Laettner. Back when guys would stay all four years, or at least three. Now teams like Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Memphis, Duke, etc. bring in all these hot shots who play one year only. Sure, sometimes it works, but it usally doesn't. One year just isn't enough for a team to gel. I mean, look at North Dakota St. Mostly seniors. Sure, Oklahoma isn't some world beater, but I picked NDS simply due to seniority.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,063 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

hahaha fug Duke!!!

#6 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Lord have Mercer! Lol at Dook. The #1 pick in the NBA, another lottery pick, a bunch of burger boys, and a great coach yet they get upset once again. K is much better when he has white stiffs that can shoot and stay 4 years. 

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

The announcers sait it best, it was about seniority. When was Duke the king? Back in the days of Christian Laettner. Back when guys would stay all four years, or at least three. Now teams like Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Memphis, Duke, etc. bring in all these hot shots who play one year only. Sure, sometimes it works, but it usally doesn't. One year just isn't enough for a team to gel. I mean, look at North Dakota St. Mostly seniors. Sure, Oklahoma isn't some world beater, but I picked NDS simply due to seniority.

Actually, Roy Williams does not recruit one and done's... The last one and done I can remember is Marvin Williams.

#8 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Actually, Roy Williams does not recruit one and done's... The last one and done I can remember is Marvin Williams.

Yes he does. They may not always leave early or come to UNC, but better believe he does.

Duke sucks.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Yes he does. They may not always leave early or come to UNC, but better believe he does.

Duke sucks.

If he had the chance to get Wiggins or Parker, he would have easily taken one or the other but as a rule he does not heavily recruit players that he knows are only going to stay one yeah. He has even dropped hints about saying that he is not comfortable with the Calipari approach.

And it's worked for him and Carolina as they average a championship every four or so years since he's been the head coach of Carolina.

#10 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Called this two or three days ago.no inside game at all. You can't go inside against Mercer? You shoot 40 threes? Hey jarbari how many threes did you make? Ok just keep jacking them up... Ohhh well, hoping for complete madness now!!!!

#11 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Called this two or three days ago.no inside game at all. You can't go inside against Mercer? You shoot 40 threes? Hey jarbari how many threes did you make? Ok just keep jacking them up... Ohhh well, hoping for complete madness now!!!!

I thought you said a few weeks ago that duke was such a great team?

Try to not be the loudest Friar fan in the bar tonight. Someone may actually think you're from RI. Enjoy your weekend, loser.

#12 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I thought you said a few weeks ago that duke was such a great team?

Try to not be the loudest Friar fan in the bar tonight. Someone may actually think you're from RI. Enjoy your weekend, loser.

I would hold off talking until after unc plays. I said three days ago I didn't feel good about the Mercer Matchup. I never said duke was great, just better than the heels. Big difference.

#13 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Lord have Mercer

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

I would hold off talking until after unc plays. I said three days ago I didn't feel good about the Mercer Matchup. I never said duke was great, just better than the heels. Big difference.

I have unc losing to Iowa state

#15 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

I have them beating Nc central what's your point ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com