#17 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Actually, Roy Williams does not recruit one and done's... The last one and done I can remember is Marvin Williams.

Might wanna check your facts. UNC was losing players early about 3-4 years before it happened at Duke.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,741 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Might wanna check your facts. UNC was losing players early about 3-4 years before it happened at Duke.

Marvin Williams was the last one and done that I can remember... Do you care to enlighten me with your knowledge? Also notice that I never mentioned Duke in my post... Not sure why you decided to make the comparison.

#19 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,948 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Marvin Williams was the last one and done that I can remember... Do you care to enlighten me with your knowledge? Also notice that I never mentioned Duke in my post... Not sure why you decided to make the comparison.

The OP was regarding Duke.

I wasn't referring specifically to the one-and-done as I stated "early" departures.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Because unc always gets nba players. Duke doesn't.

#21 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

brandon wright. a few guys 2 n done. lotta 3 and dones.

#22 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Actually, Roy Williams does not recruit one and done's... The last one and done I can remember is Marvin Williams.

Brandan Wright was our last one and done.

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Forgot about Brandan and I don't know why since he was drafted by Charlotte before being traded to Golden State.

What a poor decision by Brandan

#24 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Forgot about Brandan and I don't know why since he was drafted by Charlotte before being traded to Golden State.

What a poor decision by Brandan

It's easy to forget him. I had to think for a minute. He was over shadowed by Hansbrough and should have stayed 1 more year tbh. He was a hell of a shot blocker. I haven't followed him in the nba but it looks like like he's had a lackluster career.

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

He's a decent roll player for the Mavs.

I actually met him and and Vince when the Mavs were in town to play Charlotte.

Brandan was extremely nice, Vince... not so much.

#26 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Ironically, that kid is from NC, Lake Norman to be exact.

#28 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

Lord have Mercer! DOOK fans tend to forget how much they trolled Heels fans after we lost to DOOK, then to Pitt.

Apparently your confidence in your team this year was amazing Lehigh!

#29 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm also a Duke fan.

I made a thread earlier in the season stating UNC and Duke would finished unranked. I was wrong but overall I saw huge problems on the team and not once did I see them address the issues.

Duke has had a great history and they won a championship just 4 or 5 years ago so I wouldn't hit the panic button but two first round exits in three years is disappointing if not embarrassing.

This team was horrible today. Hood, Parker and Jefferson looked scared to be playing. The travels were things you wouldn't see in high school games.

Also what is the point in bringing in top athletes and then shooting 50 threes a game? I do not understand the approach. I did not think this team would lose in the first round because Parker is a legit talent. When they lost with Austin Rivers I was not surprised because Austin Rivers is a horrible basketball player who ball hogged his entire life to inflate his stock.

Things will have to change fast. UNCs violation funk will end in the next couple years. Then Lousiville is coming. Also Pitt had a down year, Notre Dame had an injury and Syracuse collapsed.

It's very likely none of that will happen next year and if Duke doesn't do more than win at Cameron they could find themselves missing the tournament if they continue to play so poorly away from home and not play defense.

Then again they do have the top rated class coming in next year. Coach K has done enough to earn some patience so I'll take the wounds and wait for next season.

This...

K is a great recruiter and an excellent coach, but this is the part of his approach to the game that has always where I dislike his style...  Granted on most nights it will work out in Duke's favor...  But when you build your game around the 3 point line, all it takes is one off night to leave you vulnerable...

Duke's best teams have been constructed around both dimensions, inside and outside...  That is when Duke is most dangerous... 

And they've got an exceptional big man coming in next year...  I expect they'll be quite dangerous again...  Provided they utilize him the way he should be during his year there...

#30 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

I would hold off talking until after unc plays. I said three days ago I didn't feel good about the Mercer Matchup. I never said duke was great, just better than the heels. Big difference.

Yet UNC will have a better season. Again.

UNC vs Duke since '04; 7-4 advantage UNC

-split meetings

-finished tied 3rd in ACC

-neither won ACC tourney

-Duke knocked out rd 64, UNC wins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com