196 replies to this topic

#181 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I would have preferred if Smitty could have ended his career here but the fact is he did not so lets move on. It is senseless at this point to point fingers when we do not have the all the facts

#182 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Cry me a river.

When I signed up for the Navy these many years ago, I knew what I was getting into.  I didn't moan and whine and expect everybody to pity me because I had to move from station to station and leave my family for months at a time on deployments.  It was part of the damned job.  A job where you didn't hardly get paid poo.  Those were just the hard, cold facts that I understood because my eyes were wide open.  And the hard, cold facts of thousands/millions of servicemen and women.

Why y'all think that Smitty should have been kept immune from the hard, cold facts of a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR NFL JOB is just fugging hilarious.

where is this even going?.......your comparing two very very different career fields..........you being in the navy and being a pro football player are not in in the same category. Then once again your looking at the money side of things,which has nothing to do with this.Your logic pretty much means just because he gets paid millions he shouldn't have an opinion or any other feelings towards that certain situation, money is not everything to some people and IMO i believe smith is one of those people.

#183 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

That's 100% his choice.

depends if smith is aiming for the HOF, then there really wasn't a choice except for which team to choose

if he signed just for revenge then you are correct that's 100% on him

knowing smith it could be either

#184 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

I'm glad you believe it

#185 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

depends if smith is aiming for the HOF, then there really wasn't a choice except for which team to choose

if he signed just for revenge then you are correct that's 100% on him

knowing smith it could be either

He CHOSE to continue playing in the NFL, he then CHOSE to play for Baltimore and given his resources he has far better chances of getting back and forth than most people.

He went on record to say he understands this is a business and I wholeheartedly believe Zod when he said Smith was warned in advance and he CHOSE to ignore the warning, thus leading to his current situation.

#186 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

If he wanted hof numbers he should have gone somewhere with a better offense than the Panthers

#187 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

If he wanted hof numbers he should have gone somewhere with a better offense than the Panthers

Or Baltimore for that matter.

#188 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

That was what I was insinuating. ... poorly it seems

#189 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

How did that work out for the giants

:)

Yup, they won two championships. 

#190 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

He CHOSE to continue playing in the NFL, he then CHOSE to play for Baltimore and given his resources he has far better chances of getting back and forth than most people.

He went on record to say he understands this is a business and I wholeheartedly believe Zod when he said Smith was warned in advance and he CHOSE to ignore the warning, thus leading to his current situation.

yeah like i said if he's playing for numbers then there really wasn't a "choice", he could have retired with an incomplete career(if that is the approach he's taking). Yeah he might be able to go back and forth easier then the average but that still doesn't make it a pain in the ass, i could imagine it being a nuisance after playing in the city you live for 13 yrs.

as far as the business side goes most agree that it wasn't a "business" decision.

#191 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

yeah like i said if he's playing for numbers then there really wasn't a "choice", he could have retired with an incomplete career(if that is the approach he's taking). Yeah he might be able to go back and forth easier then the average but that still doesn't make it a pain in the ass, i could imagine it being a nuisance after playing in the city you live for 13 yrs.

as far as the business side goes most agree that it wasn't a "business" decision.

sure it was..  what other aspect are people talking about?  or are you assuming saving 2 mil was the only aspect that would qualify as "business"?

regardless, Smitty wasn't guaranteed to retire a Panther through the next 2 years without having to return after the fact...  so maybe at some point we all can move on and enjoy watching Smitty in a different uniform.

#192 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

sure it was..  what other aspect are people talking about?  or are you assuming saving 2 mil was the only aspect that would qualify as "business"?

regardless, Smitty wasn't guaranteed to retire a Panther through the next 2 years without having to return after the fact, and aside from how it was handled, it's about time to stop bickering about emotions and just move on..  

in business it's all about the numbers man, rarely ever about the other stuff.

and that's where i'm at it was handle very poorly from a business aspect, and IMO was a bad decision(unless this season proves otherwise). I'm not bickering i'm just replying to what's being quoted.

#193 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,572 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

in business it's all about the numbers man, rarely ever about the other stuff.

and that's where i'm at it was handle very poorly from a business aspect, and IMO was a bad decision(unless this season proves otherwise). I'm not bickering i'm just replying to what's being quoted.

oh, I see...

and business has much more to do than "just numbers"..  For instance, "business" also involves people and the process of running a business..  That falls into "business decisions" just the same..

#194 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

oh, I see...

and business has much more to do than "just numbers"..  For instance, "business" also involves people and the process of running a business..  That falls into "business decisions" just the same..

yeah but at the end of the day it's how those people effect the numbers, when i say numbers i'm just choosing the broadest category, everything you stated is true

#195 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Not trying to be edgy, but thank you for thinking I am. That's just what happens when a player sucker punches his 2nd, which may have been his 3rd, teammate. Others can overlook it, but I lost a lot of respect for him that day. To me it doesn't matter how good you are on the field, that is just immature and a douche thing to do. Not to mention how he treats his other teammates verbally as well sometimes.

That would be interesting if I hadn't already seen this incident mentioned hundreds of times the past few weeks. What is ironic to me, is I haven't seen that brought up on this board until now for literally years. But when the man gets cut, suddenly people want to pile on.

Ken Lucas forgave him, if you want to sit around and hold a grudge against a stranger, that's your choice. I've already accepted the fact that the man is gone. I will not however proceed to talk endless sh*t about him after the fact, or troll him on twitter like tiger7_88.

I am so ready for the draft...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com