- - - - -

Coach K does a phenomenal job at padding his win total...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

Cameron Indoor Stadium- 17-0

neutral court- 5-4

opponent's home court- 4-5

#2 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

duke-boy-crying2.jpg?w=510

#3 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

4 national championships none played in Cameron.

I don't believe those gold medals at the olympics were won at Cameron either. And we all remember the national disgrace former UNC guy Larry Brown gave our country.

#4 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

neutral court- 5-4

He's said on record he's not a fan of scheduling OOC away games. He prefers "neutral" courts. LOL. Like MSG is a neutral court for duke. Roy, on the other hand has no problem playing in Bloomington, Lansing, etc. Those games are tough and every now then a good ass kicking can do you some good in the long run. I've never understood that with Mike. Frankly, it seems a bit cowardly to want to manipulate your schedule and manipulate your record. Cameron is a tough place to play - but after that final UNC game, the home court advantage ends tremendously for the dookies. 

Roy certainly has his flaws too though - he doesn't care for the ACCT and if it were up to him he'd probably not even play in it. 

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

I don't believe those gold medals at the olympics were won at Cameron either. And we all remember the national disgrace former UNC guy Larry Brown gave our country.

I wish people would STFU about these dumb ass gold medals in basketball. Like Mike has to do a lot of coaching with Lebron, KD, Carmello, etc. He's prob more of a marriage counselor than a coach during the Olympics. Sure, the rest of the world is better at basketball now than they were 25 years ago but come on...we could prob send a NCAA all star team over there and still prob win the gold. 

#6 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

I wish people would STFU about these dumb ass gold medals in basketball. Like Mike has to do a lot of coaching with Lebron, KD, Carmello, etc. He's prob more of a marriage counselor than a coach during the Olympics. Sure, the rest of the world is better at basketball now than they were 25 years ago but come on...we could prob send a NCAA all star team over there and still prob win the gold. 

If the USA always won gold it wouldn't be worth much. They turned the program around which is noteworthy.

Also you coach K could have 5 losing seasons in a row going forward and it wouldn't change much about what he's accomplished.

4 national championships speak for themselves. All the wins speak for themselves.

Roy Williams is a great coach too, of course.

Why are you nitpicking so much though? Plenty of teams don't protect their home floor. Plenty don't win championships. Plenty don't win their conference tournaments. Plenty don't get top recruits. And on top of all that Coach K is a great ambassador of the game. He's always humble and respectful in wins or losses.

I don't get the hate for Coach K. He's had great success and is a class act. 99% of the fans and coaches in the country would take a National Championship, Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight appearance along with the two first round exits in a five year span, and that's excluding the fact that duke has the best overall recruiting class coming in.

#7 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

If the USA always won gold it wouldn't be worth much. They turned the program around which is noteworthy.

Also you coach K could have 5 losing seasons in a row going forward and it wouldn't change much about what he's accomplished.

4 national championships speak for themselves. All the wins speak for themselves.

Why are you nitpicking so much though? Plenty of teams don't protect their home floor. Plenty don't win championships. Plenty don't win their conference tournaments. Plenty don't get top recruits. And on top of all that Coach K is a great ambassador of the game. He's always humble and respectful in wins or losses.

I don't get the hate for Coach K. He's had great success and is a class act. 99% of the fans and coaches in the country would take a National Championship, Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight appearance along with the two first round exits in a five year span, and that's excluding the fact that duke has the best overall recruiting class coming in.

I saw his cute little PR stunt after their disappointing loss to Mercer. I'm sure Mike meant every word of it, too. 

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

These NBA players duke has been getting the past 3 years have really yielded great results (for Lehigh and Mercer). 

#9 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

I hope you're not serious. The 2004 US Olympic roster was a joke. None of the top players such as Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, etc. played because of 9/11. Wade, Melo, & LeBron played but none of them were even top 15 players in '04. They were only 19-20 years old. Duncan was the only elite player from the US that went. It was Duncan & a bunch of extremely young players.

That's like them playing the Olympics next year & the top 3 US players being Parker, Wiggins, & Randle. They would get absolutely smoked. Coach K couldn't even beat Mercer with Parker, don't say he'd win the Olympics with him as the top player.

Dean Smith won a Gold Medal at the Olympics, then declined to coach the next time after being asked by Team USA. He stepped aside & told them to let another deserving coach lead team USA. Coach Smith could've easily coached 2 or 3 teams to Gold with his superstar prodigy aka Michael Jordan. However, he understood how special of a privilege & honor coaching the United States was & he stepped aside to allow someone else to experience it.

That's the difference between as K, the self-anointed leader of men, & Smith, a real leader of men.

Coach K uses the Olympics as a recruiting tool & to boost his own ego & legacy. There's a reason he didn't ask to coach a depleted team in '04 then came running to coach a loaded team in '08.

K does it to pad his resume & be the guy recruits sees that coaches LeBron, Durant, Kobe, etc.

A goddamn 3rd grader could win Gold with LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Dwight, Paul, Melo, Love, etc.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

A goddamn 3rd grader could win Gold with LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Dwight, Paul, Melo, Love, etc.

TO be fair - Mike does act like a 3rd grader when dealing with officials that don't put up with his intimidation tactics. #JamieLuckie

#11 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Fans of both teams make me laugh.... Cant y'all just open your eyes and See that Both coaches Dean and K are two of the greatest of all-time. Roy is up there but not elite in my book. Very impressive career though. All three guys are major part of why that rivalry is so great to watch. Now go back to all hating each other but at least recognize greatness and show some basic level of respect 

#12 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

neutral court- 5-4

what's his home record against Tyler Hansbrough? we call it Hansbrough Indoor Stadium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com