Down by 5 with 40 seconds left...

#2 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

I thought Wiggins would take them deep into the tourney, but Sanford came up huge today standing tough when Kansas would come at them.  I don't mind watching my bracket get destroyed, if Kansas goes out early.  w00t!

#3 4Corners

4Corners

HEEL YEAH

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Wiggins should have came to UNC. 

FTR - I had Kansas losing this game but it was to New Mexico. 

#4 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Wiggins should have came to UNC.

FTR - I had Kansas losing this game but it was to New Mexico.

I'm glad he didn't. Tokoto has really developed this year & he would've been buried on the bench. If we had Wiggins Tokoto would've been a Jr next year with almost no experience.

Now he looks like he'll be very, very good as an upperclassmen.

-Berry
-Paige
-Tokoto

I'd guess that being the 1-3 starters next year. Very dangerous back court.

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

I always root for Kansas and Kentucky to lose, because they are the only two programs with more all time wins than UNC, even though they played 10 more seasons.  If UNC wins today, and UK also loses, then they will be tied for the season, even though KU and UK played one more game.

Then, once UK has a couple of seasons voided for recruiting violations, like every other program Calipari has ever coached, UNC will move back up.

FTR, Dook is still 100 games out.

source

#6 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I always root for Kansas and Kentucky to lose, because they are the only two programs with more all time wins than UNC, even though they played 10 more seasons. If UNC wins today, and UK also loses, then they will be tied for the season, even though KU and UK played one more game.

Then, once UK has a couple of seasons voided for recruiting violations, like every other program Calipari has ever coached, UNC will move back up.

FTR, Dook is still 100 games out.

source

'10 really hurt UNC. They were caught up with UK due to their woes & Roy's ridiculous run from 04-09. It'll be hard to catch them again any time soon.

#7 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

The 8-20 season under Matt took UNC out of the top spot, and they've been clawing their way back ever since.  Will be a while, though, to catch up the 10 games they are behind.  Still 2nd all time in win %.

#8 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I'm glad he didn't. Tokoto has really developed this year & he would've been buried on the bench. If we had Wiggins Tokoto would've been a Jr next year with almost no experience.

-Berry
-Paige
-Tokoto

if we can get another shooter, we're a final 4 team all day long...would have been this year with Hairston.

#9 4Corners

4Corners

HEEL YEAH

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

-Berry
-Paige
-Tokoto

good points...it's funny how stuff works out sometimes. It's easy to sit back and say "Man, if Hairston was still at UNC, they'd win the title...", but who knows...maybe Paige doesn't breakthrough if PJ was still around...and he would have certainly bit into some of Tokoto's minutes too. Britt also would have played a lot less. 

#10 4Corners

4Corners

HEEL YEAH

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

if we can get another shooter, we're a final 4 team all day long...would have been this year with Hairston.

Even if JMM leaves for a possible second round draft pick - I still believe they are going to be one of the top 4-5 teams in the country next season. Leslie is the only sure thing that's gone  next year. Not to mention the experience the young guys have got this year, and let's be honest here this type of up/down year, especially with the Hairston stuff, builds character and brings people together. Stuff like that can tear you apart, but Roy hasn't let it happen. 

#11 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Roy is the best coach in college basketball, & he has been since around 2000. He is vastly underrated.

Carolina will have a 2-3 more legit Final Four teams before he calls it a career. Hotfoot at least one will actually get there & battle for a title.

#12 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

They might be a FF team this year without him. There isn't a team they can't knock off. No '08 UF, '09 UNC, etc.

Roy has done an amazing job. Paige is a star. Team plays good defense & doesn't give up. They've proven they can beat anyone with their 12 game win streak & knocking off the AP top 4.

It isn't likely, but they've got a chance. I would love to hear dookies disregard Roy's 3rd title, especially with this group they've called a horrible team all year.

#13 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,890 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

I thought Wiggins was going to poo on everyone during the tourney and take them far

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#14 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,890 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Jabari and wiggins played poorly so does that cancel out and they stay neutral on draft stock?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#15 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

certainly can't argue with you about the outstanding job Roy has done the last couple of years.  He's taken teams that looked like a complete train wreck early in the year, and turned them into legitimate teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com