#181 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

You want facts...

Here's a fact (based on NBA stats) game winning shots go in only 29% of the time, yet here you are wanting to foul.

Now go home, you're drunk!!!

UNC is not in the NBA. Fact Iowa State scored and left no time for UNC to tie.you can't prove what happened wrong no matter what league you quote stats from.Quote me a stat from the Iowa State game, we lost because we ran out of time.So unless you are Chronos himself you can't change that fact.

#182 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

If I prove you wrong right now will you admit it?

#183 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

You want facts...

Here's a fact (based on NBA stats) game winning shots go in only 29% of the time, yet here you are wanting to foul.

you would have been better off misquoting a fortune cookie. Let look at the facts. I'll take your numbers. how much better is 29% compared to say 0%? Looking at it like that I still take the 29%.

#184 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

You want facts...

now for reality. Game winning shots go in 100% of the time.

#185 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

UNC is not in the NBA. Fact Iowa State scored and left no time for UNC to tie.you can't prove what happened wrong no matter what league you quote stats from.Quote me a stat from the Iowa State game, we lost because we ran out of time.So unless you are Chronos himself you can't change that fact.

It doesn't matter what UNC is in, statistics say that you're wrong; you're just too prideful to admit it. Everyone has told you why you are wrong you just don't understand the concept of playing straight up basketball and placing faith in your players to make the stop.

I can say that if I were a player I would never play for you. You honestly don't understand how offending it is to tell a player to foul when the game is tied.

Iowa State did score but that doesn't mean you foul because you can't guarantee that ISU scores and you can't guarantee that we would score after they hit their free throws. You're basing your assumption on the outcome of ONE game... Well guess what there have been multiple games in this tourney where teams have missed game-winners.

You're speaking in hypotheticals... the rest of us here prefer this thing called real life but obviously the brain of a 15 year old can't handle that.

Just move on and admit you're wrong.

Btw... here's a stat for you. ISU shot 40% from the floor giving them less than an average chance at hitting the game winner.

I'm still waiting for just one example of this "fouling technique" that you have mentioned.

I've never seen K, Self, Pitino, Boheim, Miller, or Donavan do this... EVER.

So essentially you're saying that you are smarter than all of these coaches... news flash: you're not.

#186 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

now for reality. Game winning shots go in 100% of the time.

Ummm that makes no sense at all lol...

Step away from the keyboard because the statistic I just posted says you're a moron.

#187 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

It doesn't matter what UNC is in, statistics say that you're wrong; you're just too prideful to admit it. Everyone has told you why you are wrong you just don't understand the concept of playing straight up basketball and placing faith in your players to make the stop.

I can say that if I were a player I would never play for you. You honestly don't understand how offending it is to tell a player to foul when the game is tied.

Iowa State did score but that doesn't mean you foul because you can't guarantee that we would score after they hit their free throws.

You're speaking in hypotheticals... the rest of hear prefer this thing called real life but obviously the brain of a 15 year old can't handle that.

Just move on and admit you're wrong.

Btw... here's a stat for you. ISU shot 40% from the floor giving them less than an average chance at hitting the game winner.

I'm still waiting for just one example of this "fouling technique" that you have mentioned.

I've never seen K, Self, Pitino, Boheim, Miller, or Donavan do this... EVER.

So essentially you're saying that you are smarter than all of these coaches... news flash: you're not.

everyone?

they didn't make the stop , wouldn't that be blind faith? "Knowing" faith is better, and if you know then you act accordingly, it is a simple concept that works.

you foul because I could guarantee we had time to make the attempt and that is the point.I could absolutely guarantee we had time to set up a play and take a shot to tie or win. the more you pritest the more obvious fouling becomes.I think at this point you pride is what's on the line. if I was wrong I would admit it but I wasn't so why lie about it? I just can't understand why it would bother you so much, it really isn't about you.

kane was right at 70% from the floor at the basket so I think the % strongly leans in my guts favor.but hey why start down that road? i would have just let you go away quietly,LOL, but have it your way.

None of those coaches were coaching UNC in this game. i don't care one bit what they have not done it doesn't change the fact I clearly read the situation and decided on a play that would have given UNC the ball with time to score.you can't change that with anything you say, nothing can change that. No stats  no history nothing can change it. you just can't deal with that, why I have no idea.

I don't have to be smarter than them but if they were the coach in this game I would have been smarter than them on this play. Yes I agree with that.

#188 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Ummm that makes no sense at all lol...

Step away from the keyboard because the statistic I just posted says you're a moron.

No that wasn't the stat you posted , I could quote it for you.Nothing said I was a moron that is your personal attack.People tend to attck things they don't understand.I expect more.

#189 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

You're basing your assumption on the outcome of ONE game... Well guess what there have been multiple games in this tourney where teams have missed game-winners.

You're speaking in hypotheticals... the rest of us here prefer this thing called real life but obviously the brain of a 15 year old can't handle that.

I based my idea on the flow of the game and what was happening in real time not on stats or hypotheticals. That would be more what you are doing to try and prove my own thoughts as wrong.

of course this is about one game , this thread is about one game and what happened in any other game doesn't matter in the least.

Real life, Iowa state scored right. leaving alledgedly 1.6 seconds.that is fact.if UNC fouls right away do they have more than 1.6 seconds to score?

no guarantee you make it but a guarantee of more time.No stat changes the fact we would have had more time and in this situation time was more important. Not bad for 15 year old brain can't wait til I'm 16.

you are all stats and no bite.

#190 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hey have fun talking to yourself... You've been proven wrong.

You are only basing this assumption on the outcome of the game. If Carolina would have won in OT your assumption wouldn't even matter. Stats back up everything I have to say and yet you can only mention this one game. You don't understand the word SMALL SAMPLE SIZE. Based on the stat I presented 71 of 100 teams would have successfully defended the game winning shot and sent the game to OT. Unfortunately we were one of the 29 that didn't successfully defend the game winning shot, nothing you can do about that. The point I'm trying to get across to you is that you can't base your assumption on ONE single instance. This is why there are survey's of 100 people not 1.

There's really no need to continue this convo.

#191 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationEasley, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hey have fun talking to yourself... You've been proven wrong.

You are only basing this assumption on the outcome of the game. If Carolina would have won in OT your assumption wouldn't even matter. Stats back up everything I have to say and yet you can only mention this one game. You don't understand the word SMALL SAMPLE SIZE. Based on the stat I presented 71 of 100 teams would have successfully defended the game winning shot and sent the game to OT. Unfortunately we were one of the 29 that didn't successfully defend the game winning shot, nothing you can do about that. The point I'm trying to get across to you is that you can't base your assumption on ONE single instance. This is why there are survey's of 100 people not 1.

There's really no need to continue this convo.

it is not an assumption , they scored we had no time. I am only talking about one game so your stats make no difference.

i am not talking about 71 out of 100 teams , I am talking about UNC and they could not stop them. your stats are useless.

We are not 1 of 29 we are 1 of 1. 

yes there was something you could do about that, you foul and give yourself a chance.

The point I am making is the only instance that matters is this one , it was not an assumption and it would have given us more time to score.This is not a survey it was a game. You are correct there is no need to continue this convo but you said that before and yet here you are. Spout every stat you can find none will change the fact we did not have enough time at the end and fouling would have given us enough time.You cannot change that fact with a survey.I am not going away.

Don't threaten to take your ball and go home just go. Either way I will be here.

#192 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

And you didn't know ISU was going to score... Your gut isn't always right, if it was you would be a genius (your not, I'm not, not many people are).

Like I mentioned before, you don't know if we would have even hit our shot at the end of the game to re-tie the game. For all you know we could have missed our shot and still lost.

The easiest option is to play straight up defense and make them beat you. They beat us, simple as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users