Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA early entries thread (&transfers)

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Weird timing by McAdoo. A Top 10 pick after his freshman year, to now a borderline 1st round guy. He is who he is as a player so an extra year wouldn't benefit him IMO. Just seems odd to leave in a loaded draft class, right as Carolina will be a Final Four threat next year. Good luck to him, though. 

Posted

Wouldn't be surprised if McAdoo doesn't sign with an agent and contemplates returning unless uncle Bob has promised him that he'll be the Heats first round pick.

Posted

1 more year at UNC would only further expose his weakness on defense and at the FT line. His stock has steadily declined the past 3 years.

Posted

1 more year at UNC would only further expose his weakness on defense and at the FT line. His stock has steadily declined the past 3 years.

He'd have a chance to win a championship if he returned not to mention getting this thing called a degree.

But hey, f*ck education.

Posted

I'm kind of surprised McAdoo is leaving. Honestly, I thought UNC was a little better with him off the floor this year. He is a slasher that goes through contact and can't hit his free throws.

Posted

That's a bit of a head scratcher.  

It is almost like he has heard the 4 year player jokes about him.

Posted

Been gone for a bit - but regarding JMM: let's see here...he can't shoot FTs worth a damn, he thinks he has a legit jumper, and can't play with his back to the rim.  Now, he does play D fairly well (as long as he isn't going against a legit big man like Zanna, Mason Plumlee, James Whithey) ...but I'm happy with Meeks and Johnson starting and this also means VHT 5 star player Isiah Hicks is going to see the court for more than 4 minutes a game next year. Lots, lots of talent on the court next year for UNC and it's going to be great to watch. We've seen these sorts of cycles with Roy and the end result. I just hope someone drafts JMM. If he's lucky, a team like SA will draft him and he'll be able to ride the bench for a year or two and kinda redshirt in the NBA. 

Also, official on twitter: TJ Warren is gone

Posted

Warren was a no brainer.

Posted

JMM made the mistake two times in not declaring. He wasn't going to make it again albeit don't know how much lower his stock could get 

Posted

Jabari Parker may announce he is going pro tomorrow.

Posted

Jabari Parker may announce he is going pro tomorrow.

No announcement today per Laura Keeley.

1 person likes this