Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA early entries thread (&transfers)

74 posts in this topic

Posted

I know K has not had any success with transfers from smaller none basketball schools. Curry first team all ACC, McLeod first team all ACC, Jones first team all ACC, and Hood second team all ACC.

McLeod? NEVER HEARD OF HIM

Jones? WHO

Curry? D LEAGUE

Hood?

mercer-dancing.gif

Posted

Those damn blue chip bigs just want the damn ball too much and don't want to set screens all game for 3 point chuckers. I bet Mike was very excited to get a marginal, 2 star scrub. Finally a big man happy to set screens all game. This kid would probably have taken a scholarship to be a janitor if that meant he could leave Rice.

I bet Mike did a dance.

Dance?

mercer-dancing.gif

Well he had offers for Duke and Michigan so that's a little above being a janitor. We just have a problem landing those 5 star bigs (Brand, Williams, Mase, and Okafor).

Posted

Well he had offers for Duke and Michigan so that's a little above being a janitor. We just have a problem landing those 5 star bigs (Brand, Williams, Mase, and Okafor).

Why did you leave off Vanderbilt? LOL! 

PS I think I saw Sheldon Williams working at the Autobell up here off of Gilead Road last week. If you ask him nicely he may give you an autograph. 

Posted

McLeod? NEVER HEARD OF HIM

Jones? WHO

Curry? D LEAGUE

Hood?

mercer-dancing.gif

I just told you about them all first team ACC!

Posted

Why did you leave off Vanderbilt? LOL!

Because the final two were Duke and Michigan. LOL!

Posted

Because the final two were Duke and Michigan. LOL!

WOW! I think UNCC offered him too!

Speaking of UNCC I saw he had 7 points in a LOSS to them. Didn't UNCC beat Michigan this year? 

Posted

WOW! I think UNCC offered him too!

Speaking of UNCC I saw he had 7 points in a LOSS to them. Didn't UNCC beat Michigan this year?

I see Meeks had 4 points against Holy Cross and a whopping 0 points against UNCW so what's your point?

Posted

I see Meeks had 4 points against Holy Cross and a whopping 0 points against UNCW so what's your point?

Uh, Meeks wasn't starting in these games. He also isn't the only option unlike this Obi kid who was scoring a quarter of Rice's points when they were only putting up 45 to teams like LaTech. 

You are being irrational, delusional, and quite frankly an idiot by even comparing Meeks to Obi. #dookielogic

Posted

Uh, Meeks wasn't starting in these games. He also isn't the only option unlike this Obi kid who was scoring a quarter of Rice's points when they were only putting up 45 to teams like LaTech.

You are being irrational, delusional, and quite frankly an idiot by even comparing Meeks to Obi. #dookielogic

He's a freshman on a bad team but he still put up good numbers. It's a good pick up especially for a team that had had trouble rebounding. I compared Meeks and Obi because they are similar players with similar stats and similar strengths and weaknesses.

Posted

He's a freshman on a bad team but he still put up good numbers. It's a good pick up especially for a team that had had trouble rebounding. I compared Meeks and Obi because they are similar players with similar stats and similar strengths and weaknesses.

Just because they "look alike" doesn't mean they are similar players. This is incredibly stupid reasoning.The "good numbers" argument...I mean come on dude. His highest scoring game came against a community college. I'd bet $1,000 that you didn't watch ANY Rice basketball games last year, and you didn't discover who Sean Obi was until maybe a week ago. 

That's how bad it is in Durham. Any swinging dick who is big enough to rebound....OH MAN WHAT A GREAT PICK UP. HE'S SO GREAT. WE CAN FINALLY NOT GET ABUSED IN THE PAINT EVERY GAME. 

I'm reading what these idiot dookie fans are writing (i.e. YOU) here and in other forums about this SCRUB and it's mind blowing the level of ignorance and delusional thoughts that are being said. FACT: He is a marginal player with a lot of size who was fortunate to earn a scholarship to basketball powerhouse Rice. 

The level of competition he's going to face in the ACC compared to playing at Rice and CUSA - Obi may need to redshirt two years to get ready. 

Posted

Just because they "look alike" doesn't mean they are similar players. This is incredibly stupid reasoning.The "good numbers" argument...I mean come on dude. His highest scoring game came against a community college. I'd bet $1,000 that you didn't watch ANY Rice basketball games last year, and you didn't discover who Sean Obi was until maybe a week ago. 

That's how bad it is in Durham. Any swinging dick who is big enough to rebound....OH MAN WHAT A GREAT PICK UP. HE'S SO GREAT. WE CAN FINALLY NOT GET ABUSED IN THE PAINT EVERY GAME. 

I'm reading what these idiot dookie fans are writing (i.e. YOU) here and in other forums about this SCRUB and it's mind blowing the level of ignorance and delusional thoughts that are being said. FACT: He is a marginal player with a lot of size who was fortunate to earn a scholarship to basketball powerhouse Rice. 

The level of competition he's going to face in the ACC compared to playing at Rice and CUSA - Obi may need to redshirt two years to get ready. 

They don't look a like they have similar games.  They are both big guys that take up space, are good rebounders, can score in the low post but can't really step out and shoot jumpers, and they both shoot about 55% from the free throw line.   

I love how you just make $h!t up, I never once said he was great.  He is a good pickup.