45 replies to this topic

#31 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,609 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Didn't see LaFell from our super high up (granted free from WFNZ) tickets in the nosebleeds.

BUT I did see Charles Johnson in a Panthers (ok, maybe Hornets) Blue shirt on the court.

He had his little guy with him, super cute!!! Not that I knew this from stalking his Instagram account or anything....

I was really impressed his kid was just sitting there on his lap and not trying to run out on the court or be squirmy.

#32 Sc0rned

Sc0rned

• ALL-PRO
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I saw Jimmy Clausen at Target. 

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Clowney was there last night too.

Bobcats bringing in some star power! Lakers got nothing on us.

#34 8 0 5

8 0 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Clowney was there last night too.

Bobcats bringing in some star power! Lakers got nothing on us.

Just...stahp.

#35 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

...Brady will be chewing his azz out soon enough....

#36 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

He was a constant tease. His potential would flash and you'd think he was turning a corner...only for to turn around and disappear again.

I hope he does well in NE, but he's earned most of the criticism he's received here.

On the flip side I don't think he was given as much credit as a blocker as he deserved either.

Obviously WRs job is to get open and catch the football but his blocking was pretty damn good for a "run first" team.

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

On the flip side I don't think he was given as much credit as a blocker as he deserved either.

Obviously WRs job is to get open and catch the football but his blocking was pretty damn good for a "run first" team.

I agree and I have no problem giving credit where it's due; but I would much prefer him excel at his primary duty and be average or so at his secondary job.

#38 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

If the best thing you can say about a WR is that he's a good blocker, then he's probably not a very good WR.

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

He was a good blocker when he wanted to be.

But I can't get the image of him absolutely not even pretending to try in New Orleans for Smitty last year. It was awful.

#40 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I agree and I have no problem giving credit where it's due; but I would much prefer him excel at his primary duty and be average or so at his secondary job.

I can't honestly understand how they never really addressed the position...still mind boggling to me.

#41 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hahahah thought it was pretty funny to see good ole Donald Lafail still hanging around at the bobcats vs rockets game tonight, rocking a customized Anaheim Angels...wait for it.......Lafell jersey haha....knowing no one would prbly recognize him without his name on a jersey despite having that silly roscoe dash Mohawk thing.....he was with a very attractive young lady...wonder how long it will take him to drop her, someone should warn her.....

Was he the tall dude that had trouble finding  the correct route to his seat and kept droping his drink ? Thought so. However,he seemed to be good at blocking everyone in the isle.  :)

#42 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I saw Jimmy Clausen at Target. 

That's interesting. Which checkout register is he working now. :)

#43 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Sadly, that's not saying much.

it still doesn't justify all the critique. 

We had an average WR come in and play on a new cap friendly rookie CBA deal, and he left because he could get money elsewhere. 

I don't get it. 

He wasn't good enough to get paid here and if he , happy trails. It's almost like people are bitter about it.

He's good enough to get a 2nd more valuable contract in the NFL(from the most well managed club in the NFL). How is that a LaFail? How exactly is he a laughing stock? Why are people being so ugly?

#44 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

We had an average WR come in and play on a new cap friendly rookie CBA deal, and he left because he could get money elsewhere.

I don't get it.

He wasn't good enough to get paid here and if he , happy trails. It's almost like people are bitter about it.

He's good enough to get a 2nd more valuable contract in the NFL(from the most well managed club in the NFL). How is that a LaFail? How exactly is he a laughing stock? Why are people being so ugly?

My point was that it's sad we've never drafted any WR's that are really worth much since Smith. LaFell being the best. We've nailed with LB's and RB's, but our draft history with respect to most other positions is pitiful, especially in the last decade.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,446 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

I don't get it. 

I don't agree with this "LaFail" silliness. I will be the first to tell you that I was always a fan of Brandon, I defended him quite a bit. With that being said, LaFell had numerous opportunities to make his mark with this franchise, especially last year with Smith out. He failed to show up.

I wish the man well, but I can't sit here and pretend like he wasn't given adequate opportunities to cement his possible role here for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com