#1 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY

Coming off the best season in the past decade, ECU is definitely poised to repeat their success from last season.  Senior QB Shane Carden is a legitimate Heisman candidate, and the most prolific Wide Receiver in ECU history (Justin Hardy) will also be back for his senior season.  Moving from C-USA to the American is a step up in competition, but this is likely the best team ECU has fielded in many years.  Could be a special season!!

(10-2) (7-1 AMERICAN CONF)

NC Central - W - Easy win.  ECU rolls.

@ South Carolina - L - Can't wait to get the Gamecocks in Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium... but for now, they'll probably be too much in Columbia.

@ Virginia Tech - W - VT is breaking in a brand new QB... and they BARELY escaped ECU with a victory last season.  Pirates will be better, Hokies should be worse.  Lane Stadium is a factor, but ECU is accustomed to playing in big venues, and won't shrink.

North Carolina - W - This one could go either way.  ECU flat out DOMINATED the Heels in Chapel Hill last season, and this one is in Greenville.  Dowdy-Ficklen will be ROCKING the Pirates to a win.

SMU - W - SMU fans are looking for June Jones to be fired.  Program is in a tailspin.  Easy win.

@ South Florida - W - Great recruiting class for USF this season, but all those freshmen won't be able to patch USF's holes this season.  They'll be back, but not this year.

UCONN - W - UCONN is awful.

@ Temple - W - Temple is awful.

@ Cincinnati - L - I think our first "big boy" game in the AAC will see a lot of jitters from the Pirates.  Just have a bad feeling about this one.

Tulane - W - Revenge for last year's 3OT loss in New Orleans that nearly derailed our season.

@ Tulsa - W - Tulsa is arguably the worst team in the AAC.

UCF - W - No more Blake Bortles or Storm Johnson.  UCF never wins in Greenville.  Senior night, night game, national TV... Pirates will be out for blood.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

USC Trojans

Max-Browne.jpg

Fresno St: Tough first game under Sark, but I feel like the offense will be ready to go in late August with their new field general Max Browne. The Defense led by Leonard Williams and Hayes Pullard imposes their will and USC pulls away in the second half W.

Stanford: Another difficult game this early in the season. Standford plays with a chip on its shoulder after USC stole one from them in 2013. Kevin Hogan announces himself as a Heisman contender with a three TD no INT performance. L

Boston College: No Andre Williams for the Eagles and USC cruises. Max Browne with three TDs and an INT, and Adoree Jackson introduces himself to the College Football world with a kickoff return TD and pick 6. W

Oregon State: USC has some trouble on Defense stopping Oregon State's Mannion and the Beavers passing attack, but are able to muster enough offense to win a shootout at home. W

Arizona State: The Defense plays angry after being embarrassed by the Forks last year, and Junior WR Nelson Agholor has 170 yards and a pair of scores. W

Arizona: Rich Rod has the Cats headed in the right direction, but it's not enough to best a USC Defense that has not found their groove. USC forces three turnovers in the second half giving them the breathing room they need. W

Colorado: The Buffs are starting to look like a competent football team, but Sark has his team playing close to their potential now, and even at reduced numbers USC's superior talent is too much for the Buffs. W

Utah: Tricky game here because I really like Utah's QB, and playing at Utah is no gimme. That said, I expect USC to get out with a close win after Max Browne struggles initially but shines in the fourth quarter. W

Washington State: USC gets their revenge from an embarrassing loss that started the wheels falling off for former Head Coach Lane Kiffin. The Trojans throttle the Cougs winning be 31 points. W

California: Another team that's moving forward, but still has a rather large hill to climb. The talent gap between the two schools is the ultimate difference as the Trojans win by 17. W

fUCLA: Not gonna do it. Will never predict the Bruins to win a game against USC. USC by 500 W

Notre Dame: See above. W

Final Record: 11-1

#3 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

tumblr_mwqcx6bHOq1qb0jqto1_500.jpg

So....yeeeaaa.

#4 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

With UNC you can never go wrong by saying 7-8 wins.

#5 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Idaho: W Slow start, but I think UF pulls it out in BHG.

Eastern Michigan: W I dunno. Some stuff happens and we score more points than they do.

Kentucky: W They never beat us.

@ Alabama: L This could be a disaster.

@ Tennessee: W They have to beat us again eventually, but fug them right now.

LSU: L Les Miles does something absolutely ridiculous and it works out.

Mizzou: L Don't know why I see this as a loss

Georgia: W I'm tired of Georgia and their poo.

@ Vanderbilt: W Low scoring and whatnot.

South Carolina: W I mean, they barely managed to beat our scrubs. We have to win this right?

Eastern Kentucky: W Probably over by halftime.

@ FSU: L At Doak, I doubt we can win. I think we keep it closer than we should, but I still see a loss.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY

Coming off the best season in the past decade, ECU is definitely poised to repeat their success from last season.  Senior QB Shane Carden is a legitimate Heisman candidate, and the most prolific Wide Receiver in ECU history (Justin Hardy) will also be back for his senior season.  Moving from C-USA to the American is a step up in competition, but this is likely the best team ECU has fielded in many years.  Could be a special season!!

@ South Carolina - L - Can't wait to get the Gamecocks in Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium... but for now, they'll probably be too much in Columbia.

@ Virginia Tech - W - VT is breaking in a brand new QB... and they BARELY escaped ECU with a victory last season.  Pirates will be better, Hokies should be worse.  Lane Stadium is a factor, but ECU is accustomed to playing in big venues, and won't shrink.

North Carolina - W - This one could go either way.  ECU flat out DOMINATED the Heels in Chapel Hill last season, and this one is in Greenville.  Dowdy-Ficklen will be ROCKING the Pirates to a win.

SMU - W - SMU fans are looking for June Jones to be fired.  Program is in a tailspin.  Easy win.

@ South Florida - W - Great recruiting class for USF this season, but all those freshmen won't be able to patch USF's holes this season.  They'll be back, but not this year.

@ Cincinnati - L - I think our first "big boy" game in the AAC will see a lot of jitters from the Pirates.  Just have a bad feeling about this one.

Tulane - W - Revenge for last year's 3OT loss in New Orleans that nearly derailed our season.

UCF - W - No more Blake Bortles or Storm Johnson.  UCF never wins in Greenville.  Senior night, night game, national TV... Pirates will be out for blood.

Hey dude - ECU will not beat UNC this year. UNC football is loaded this season. Carden won't have 5 TDS like he did last year. 

#7 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Hey dude - ECU will not beat UNC this year. UNC football is loaded this season. Carden won't have 5 TDS like he did last year. 

I hear the same stuff about UNC football every pre-season... yeah, UNC always gets high rated recruits, but it never amounts to anything.  Carden and his supporting cast have only gotten better, and this game is at ECU.  UNC will have to play a perfect game to win.  This is the best ECU team in a LONG time, and UNC has a long way to go.  UNC is the definition of doing less with more.

BUT... that's why they play the game.

#8 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY

ECU should do well in the AAC next year. The AAC had some REALLY, REALLY bad teams last year. The kind that can't be turned around in a single season.

Even the teams that were added (except ECU) weren't really all that strong. Tulsa is coming off a really bad year and Tulane peaks around mediocre, but is usually bad.

#9 Lilpopester

Lilpopester

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

I hear the same stuff about UNC football every pre-season... yeah, UNC always gets high rated recruits, but it never amounts to anything.  Carden and his supporting cast have only gotten better, and this game is at ECU.  UNC will have to play a perfect game to win.  This is the best ECU team in a LONG time, and UNC has a long way to go.  UNC is the definition of doing less with more.

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

#10 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

Huh?

In 2012 we went 7-1 in C-USA  (Only loss was to UCF)

In 2013 we went 6-2 in C-USA 

We just finished 10-3 and won our bowl game in 2013.  "It's the same every year"???

The facts don't back up your opinion.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

ECU had one of the best programs in CUSA history and outside of Clemson and FSU, CUSA has been pretty damn equal to the ACC.

Houston, USM, ECU, Tulsa, and UCF all had very tough teams in CUSA that competed at a very high level. Going forward it won't be since the best programs have left CUSA, but CUSA 1995-2012 was pretty damn good.

#12 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I'll give it a go. 

Tennessee Volunteers 2014 (7-5)

Utah State (W): The Aggies were a solid team last year and probably would have beaten us, but they lose a ton of experience on both sides of the ball. This one will be uncomfortable, but the Vols find a way to get it done.

Arkansas State (W): Won their bowl game last year and are apparently a hot bed of future coaching talent. That being said, the Vols talent wins out in the end, but it's another close one. 

Oklahoma (L): I think this is an old fashioned drubbing. Oklahoma riding the high of beating the piss out of Bama and Stoops' weird vendetta against the SEC. Their talent wins out here.

Georgia (W): Murray is finally out at UGA. While they have a stellar backfield, I think the inexperience at QB and defense plays a huge factor and we lost the game by only an inch last season.

Florida (L): Because that's just what the Vols do against the Gators, no matter the scenario. The only bright spot is that it's in Neyland.

Chattanooga (W): Handily defeat the Mocs.

Ole Miss (L): I think this will be a great game, with young talent on display for both teams. I think Ole Miss slightly edges UT here. 

Alabama (L): Another year, another loss, but I see the series turning in our favor soon.

South Carolina (L): South Carolina wants vengeance for us ruining their championship run last season and the game being in Columbia will play a big factor. 

Kentucky (W): We own Kentucky in football. Look it up.

Missouri (W): The Vols get vengeance from last year's terrible performance.

Vanderbilt (W): Franklin is gone and Vandy is going back to being the Vandy of old. 

Improvement shown, a bowl game and the Vol faithful have hope for the future! 

#13 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

You are incredibly misinformed.

#14 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I'll give it a go. 

Tennessee Volunteers 2014 (7-5)

As long as we get to a bowl then I am good, my expectations are not too high either.

#15 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

I hear the same stuff about UNC football every pre-season... yeah, UNC always gets high rated recruits, but it never amounts to anything. Carden and his supporting cast have only gotten better, and this game is at ECU. UNC will have to play a perfect game to win. This is the best ECU team in a LONG time, and UNC has a long way to go. UNC is the definition of doing less with more.

ECU didn't even win the CUSA championship so how was last year their best year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com