33 replies to this topic

#16 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

#17 PirateNation88

PirateNation88

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

LOL. 

#19 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

The key to UNC this year will be RB. They didn't have a RB last season and still won 8 games including a nice bowl win. TJ Logan is the guy to keep an eye on. I think 8-9 wins for UNC this year is a reasonable, non homer expectation. I just hope Fedora doesn't start doing that 2QB bullshit again with Mitch and Marquise. 

#20 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

I honestly can't tell if you're saying ECU is going to lose all their road games, go 10-2, 11-1, or 9-3...

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,668 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

9-3 or 8-4 sounds about right for UNC.

I could see UNC losing to Notre Dame and Miami.

Duke and Clemson are both toss-up's.

#22 FuFuLamePoo

FuFuLamePoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

appy-state-logo1.jpg

App State - bolded games are wins

@ Michigan:  ugly loss.

vs Campbell: big win

@ Southern Miss: they've won one game their past two years.  No reason to think App shouldn't win this one.

@ Georgia Southern: close game Thursday night but we always beat them.  I say we edge it out like 28-27, Georgia Southern will miss an extra point or some poo like that.

vs South Alabama:  probably the biggest home game all year.  USA is really good I say we lose by like 14.

vs Liberty: this should be another pretty easy win.  I would hope.

@ Troy:  they haven't been that good the past few years but we'll still lose.

vs Georgia State: if there is a team that has been worse than Southern Miss the past few years it's Ga State.  At home big win.

vs UL Monroe: this is the one "upset" win I have the Apps grabbing.  At home in November there could be some tough conditions for a Louisiana team.  They won't be prepared for how loud the rock really gets and the Apps get a really big win here while the rest of the sun belt takes notice.

@ Arkansas State: one of the best teams in the SBC on the road, lose bad

@ UL Lafayette: the best team in the SBC, lose convincingly again

vs Idaho: Idaho is never good.  Could be a tougher game than fans think but App still wins and closes the season on a high note

So 7-5 (4-4)  would be ecstatic

9-3 next year btw

Edited by FuFuLamePoo, 10 August 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#23 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,389 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

No analysis. But 9-3 sounds about right. Offense will be good and defense not so much.

#24 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I don't even know who my team is right now. Grown up a UCLA fan (had Hundley as my sig awhile ago if anyone remembers) and my dad's been a season ticket holder for 35 years (I've been to around 50 games at the Rose Bowl)

But, I'm transferring to USC as a junior lol. Bought my student tickets two weeks ago. I'll probably end up a USC fan, but I'm not going to be a UCLA hater.

UCLA: 11-1. I think they will finally beat Stanford at home late in the year, but I see them falling to one of Oregon or ASU, most likely Oregon, they always seem to have trouble slowing them down. @ UW will be a tough game as well, but I see them squeaking that one out.

USC:  10-2. Losses to Stanford and UCLA. Easier schedule than UCLA (no UW or Oregon).  I just don't see USC having the depth on both sides of the ball to beat UCLA. And considering the game is Nov 22nd injuries could come into play.  If USC's young O-line can gel, they have a chance at beating UCLA running the ball behind their talented backfield. I just don't see Kessler beating UCLA through the air. Also they'll have to be able to get pressure on Hundley I'm not sure they'll be able to do.

Edited by Double Trouble, 12 August 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#25 FearTheCats

FearTheCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I don't even know who my team is right now. Grown up a UCLA fan (had Hundley as my sig awhile ago if anyone remembers) and my dad's been a season ticket holder for 35 years (I've been to around 50 games at the Rose Bowl)

But, I'm transferring to USC as a junior lol. Bought my student tickets two weeks ago. I'll probably end up a USC fan, but I'm not going to be a UCLA hater.

UCLA: 11-1. I think they will finally beat Stanford at home late in the year, but I see them falling to one of Oregon or ASU, most likely Oregon, they always seem to have trouble slowing them down. @ UW will be a tough game as well, but I see them squeaking that one out.

USC: 10-2. Losses to Stanford and UCLA. Easier schedule than UCLA (no UW or Oregon). I just don't see USC having the depth on both sides of the ball to beat UCLA. And considering the game is Nov 22nd injuries could come into play. If USC's young O-line can gel, they have a chance at beating UCLA running the ball behind their talented backfield. I just don't see Kessler beating UCLA through the air. Also they'll have to be able to get pressure on Hundley I'm not sure they'll be able to do.

UCLA is going to be a national title contender this year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#26 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

UCLA is going to be a national title contender this year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't doubt that. I'll be going to 10 games this year 5 UCLA, 5 USC...looking forward to it!

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Gamecocks
2 losses on the road
Auburn or Florida. We should win both but we lose a road game that has killed National title hopes the last 3 or 4 yrs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#28 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

9-3 or 8-4 sounds about right for UNC.

I could see UNC losing to Notre Dame and Miami.

Duke and Clemson are both toss-up's.

Do not forget GaTech.  They always seem to beat us.  Flippin' triple option.

#29 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Virginia Tech

Hokie+Stone+Helmet.PNG

*Starting QB prediction: Michael Brewer

*Top-RBs-Edmunds, Mangus

*WRs-Stanford, Byrn, & Knowles..Malleck (returning at TE)

*On D, it will be the coming out party of Kendall Fuller and Facyson w/ Jarrett & Bonner leading the group at safety

Schedule:

William & Mary W

@Ohio State L

ECU (Always a good game, but their defense is suspect and it's a favorable matchup)

Georgia Tech W

Western Michigan W

@UNC W

@Pittsburgh L

Miami W

BC W

@Duke

@Wake Forest W

Virginia W

Record:

9-3

--->We either barely miss the divison title or go to the ACCC and get throttled by FSU

Edited by beach, 17 August 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Davidson

1-11. We beat college of faith (WTF that is) and lose the rest.

8/30/2014 College of Faith - Charlotte Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Take A Kid To The Game 7:00 p.m. Details
9/6/2014 Catawba Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Black Out at Richardson 7:00 p.m. Details
9/13/2014 VMI Lexington, Va. 1:30 p.m. Details
9/20/2014 Conference Game Morehead State Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Homecoming 1:00 p.m. Details
9/27/2014 Princeton Princeton, N.J. 6:00 p.m. Details
10/4/2014 Conference Game Dayton Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Military/Civil Servant Day 1:00 p.m. Details
10/11/2014 Conference Game Drake Des Moines, Iowa 2:00 p.m. Details
10/18/2014 Conference Game Campbell Buies Creek, N.C. 4:00 p.m. Details
10/25/2014 Conference Game Stetson Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Family Weekend 1:00 p.m. Details
11/8/2014 Conference Game Jacksonville Davidson, N.C. - Richardson Stadium Senior Day 1:00 p.m. Details
11/15/2014 Conference Game Marist Poughkeepsie, N.Y. 1:00 p.m. Details
11/22/2014 Conference Game Valparaiso Valparaiso, Ind. 2:00 p.m. Details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com