• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

appy-state-logo1.jpg

App State - bolded games are wins

@ Michigan:  ugly loss.

vs Campbell: big win

@ Southern Miss: they've won one game their past two years.  No reason to think App shouldn't win this one.

@ Georgia Southern: close game Thursday night but we always beat them.  I say we edge it out like 28-27, Georgia Southern will miss an extra point or some poo like that.

vs South Alabama:  probably the biggest home game all year.  USA is really good I say we lose by like 14.

vs Liberty: this should be another pretty easy win.  I would hope.

@ Troy:  they haven't been that good the past few years but we'll still lose.

vs Georgia State: if there is a team that has been worse than Southern Miss the past few years it's Ga State.  At home big win.

vs UL Monroe: this is the one "upset" win I have the Apps grabbing.  At home in November there could be some tough conditions for a Louisiana team.  They won't be prepared for how loud the rock really gets and the Apps get a really big win here while the rest of the sun belt takes notice.

@ Arkansas State: one of the best teams in the SBC on the road, lose bad

@ UL Lafayette: the best team in the SBC, lose convincingly again

vs Idaho: Idaho is never good.  Could be a tougher game than fans think but App still wins and closes the season on a high note

So 7-5 (4-4)  would be ecstatic

9-3 next year btw

I can't argue with any of this really except for USM. While it isn't out of the question that App wins, I don't think it is a sure thing (especially with App coming off a 4-8 season in FCS).

USM should be better than they have been the last 2 years. I think they'll end up with 4 or 5 wins this year.

Fedora left them in shambles. He basically recruited for one special season with the hope that'd get him a better job. It worked obviously. He had virtually no talent coming in and they would have been a dumpster fire even if he had stayed.

To make things worse, they made a pretty terrible hire after that. I think they have a good guy in there now, but you don't go from 0-12 to a winning record in a single season. I think they make a lot of progress this year.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

Love your logic and arguement....."it really is different this time".

#33 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Arizona State: 10-2

Virginia Tech: 9-3

#34 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

smart money wold be on ecu against unc.  

#35 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,161 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Davidson

1-11. We beat college of faith (WTF that is) and lose the rest.

So far spot on.

And college of faith is an ONLINE university with no campus.

http://davidsonnews....otball-program/

#36 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY

Coming off the best season in the past decade, ECU is definitely poised to repeat their success from last season.  Senior QB Shane Carden is a legitimate Heisman candidate, and the most prolific Wide Receiver in ECU history (Justin Hardy) will also be back for his senior season.  Moving from C-USA to the American is a step up in competition, but this is likely the best team ECU has fielded in many years.  Could be a special season!!

(10-2) (7-1 AMERICAN CONF)

NC Central - W - Easy win.  ECU rolls.

@ South Carolina - L - Can't wait to get the Gamecocks in Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium... but for now, they'll probably be too much in Columbia.

@ Virginia Tech - W - VT is breaking in a brand new QB... and they BARELY escaped ECU with a victory last season.  Pirates will be better, Hokies should be worse.  Lane Stadium is a factor, but ECU is accustomed to playing in big venues, and won't shrink.

North Carolina - W - This one could go either way.  ECU flat out DOMINATED the Heels in Chapel Hill last season, and this one is in Greenville.  Dowdy-Ficklen will be ROCKING the Pirates to a win.

SMU - W - SMU fans are looking for June Jones to be fired.  Program is in a tailspin.  Easy win.

@ South Florida - W - Great recruiting class for USF this season, but all those freshmen won't be able to patch USF's holes this season.  They'll be back, but not this year.

UCONN - W - UCONN is awful.

@ Temple - W - Temple is awful.

@ Cincinnati - L - I think our first "big boy" game in the AAC will see a lot of jitters from the Pirates.  Just have a bad feeling about this one.

Tulane - W - Revenge for last year's 3OT loss in New Orleans that nearly derailed our season.

@ Tulsa - W - Tulsa is arguably the worst team in the AAC.

UCF - W - No more Blake Bortles or Storm Johnson.  UCF never wins in Greenville.  Senior night, night game, national TV... Pirates will be out for blood.

Looks like I have been pretty much spot on, with the exception of me predicting that ECU would lose to VT.  Now I think we can win out and go 11-1, and to the Fiesta or Peach bowl.

#37 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Looks like I have been pretty much spot on, with the exception of me predicting that ECU would lose to VT.  Now I think we can win out and go 11-1, and to the Fiesta or Peach bowl.

Hopefully the Peach Bowl. The travel arrangements would be much easier on my wallet.

#38 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

Looks like I have been pretty much spot on, with the exception of me predicting that ECU would lose to VT. Now I think we can win out and go 11-1, and to the Fiesta or Peach bowl.

You predicted a win against VT and losses to USC and Cincy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com