#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

http://billvoth.com/...media-briefing/

Voth seems to know his stuff this offseason, so there's no reason to doubt him at this point, for me. Nothing groundbreaking here, but he interprets what he believes is the heart of the "issues."

Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman, in Orlando at the NFL owners meetings, made his first extended public comments since last month’s Combine on Tuesday. While he didn’t accidentally drop hints about upcoming bombshells like he did in Indy, he did share a handful of useful nuggets.

As always, there’s more to be gleaned from much of what he said, so here are five take-aways:

#2 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Bill Voth is the man.

#3 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Like this guy a lot.  Although its hard to read the tea leaves he does make good points without emotions.  Really is big props for Gettleman. 

#4 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I think you hire coaches to develop guys. If the price was too high then the price was too high, but speculation like that is beneath Voth. Poor conclusions with no substance. 

#5 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Number 3 and 5 sound like some bull..you don't have to polish a turd because the panthers are poor right now.

#6 uscgamecocks

uscgamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

I hope we don't let Hardy just walk. Trade him for picks in a deep draft at the very least. Barring a miraculous draft, it's hard to envision this club winning the Super Bowl next year. It could certainly happen, but if sustained success is the franchise goal then a trade netting a couple young and promising players might be the best alternative.

That being said, it wouldn't shock me if we ultimately cut Johnson next offseason to sign Hardy to a long term deal. The cap savings from that move would be enough to pay Hardy the money he wants in year 1.

#7 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Sucks Hardy will likely play his way out of Carolina, enjoy watching him wax offenses.

#8 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Like tea leaves, he is vague to the point that right or wrong becomes interchangeable.

#9 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

That article pretty much read like my worst case scenario. I hope he's wrong because of he's not, tagging Hardy was a huge mistake. Bell at LT is the sum of all fears. Godfrey sucked before blowing out his Achilles. Cutting our only proven NFL WR with no big cap savings is completely indefensible as a pure "football move".

Don't mean to be raining on parades here, but like I said, that article was pretty much outlining my worst fears.

#10 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Number 3 and 5 sound like some bull..you don't have to polish a turd because the panthers are poor right now.

I agree, lets not get into 5 though

#11 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Bell will be a franchise LT because he's left handed is a fuging disaster waiting to happen.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,984 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

Thou Voth hath spoketh.

#13 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

I think you hire coaches to develop guys. If the price was too high then the price was too high, but speculation like that is beneath Voth. Poor conclusions with no substance.

Its just a blogger's opinion. It doesnt need to hold up in court.

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

You are really underestimating the importance of veterans helping to develop younger players. It us way more important than you think.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Voth isn't just a blogger, he's a well respected reporter with some valuable insight and obviously some people to talk to within the organization.

He's not Adam Schefter, but I have no reason to doubt his knowledge or question his credibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com