#1 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

..if have a couples thoughts/questions:

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch?

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season?

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here?

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need?

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy.

#2 MtnJax

MtnJax

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

i'd love to see how this team might be playing right now with a healthy Jeff Taylor. he was playing well before his injury

upgrade PG in the draft and go after a front court in FA

no to Melo. don't think Clifford would put up with his lack of defense/wanting to play defense

#3 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'd only go PG with our second, biggest need right now is a floor stretching two-guard.

CDR is a free agent this off-season, though there's no reason not to bring him back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#4 Mr. Wayne

Mr. Wayne

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Kemba Walker
PJ Hairston (1st via Portland)
Carmelo Anthony (via Free Agency)
Cody Zeller
Al Jefferson

Tyler Ennis (1st via Detroit)
Gary Neal
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bismack Biyombo
A.J. Hammons (2nd rd pick)

Jeremy Pargo
Jeffery Taylor
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Anthony Tolliver
Brendan Haywood

NBA Championship caliber team. Make it happen Michael.

#5 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Melo ain't coming here. We need a solid backup PG and a second tier level SG (Gordon Hayward or Lance Stephenson preferably). Draft is and always will be BPA no matter what position.

#6 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

McBob pretty much has to play when Kemba is on the floor to keep the ball moving.

The weakest position on this team is easily at the 3 spot. Some offense out of that position would do wonders. Instead we are stuck having hendo playing the 3 in a lot of instances.

#7 SurvivalSloth

SurvivalSloth

• ALL-PRO
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

I wouldn't want Melo here. We got pretty good chemistry here atm. Don't need to bring a ball hog in and mess that up. Phil Jackson also said he's gonna build around Melo in NY.

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Answer to number 6- the rockets. Closer to a ring than the cats.

#9 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

..if have a couples thoughts/questions:

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch?

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season?

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here?

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need?

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy.

I would love it if we could get Sessions back.  He knows the players well, and he did a great job while he was here.  It's easy to see how good Sessions is after watching Ridnour.

Other then backup pg I really don't think we need to touch the guards through free agency unless we can get something unbelievable. Most of our attention should be on reinforcing our post.  

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,122 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

What is Taylor's time table?

#11 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch? Not me, I knew he was good in college but he has had a career revitalization here.

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season? I would still pass on him as good as he has been, I am afraid he may step on a healthy Taylor's growth.

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here? Everyone but CDR IMO.

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need? Bring Sessions back, he is from the Carolinas and wants to be here, I hated that we traded him.

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA Get the backup PG in FA.

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy. It looks and sounds like a good situation but I think at the end of the day Phil will somehow lure him to say put in NY.

#12 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

CDR>Taylor.

#13 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

CDR>Taylor.

That's the question of the day

CDR > Hendo > Neal > Taylor (because injury)

All 4 can play SG and play SF in a small ball lineup

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#14 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,171 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

I don't think any of those guys (other than maybe Hendo) can attack the rim like Taylor can.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users