Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So after tonight's win..

14 posts in this topic

Posted

..if have a couples thoughts/questions:

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch?

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season?

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here?

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need?

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy.

1 person likes this

Posted

i'd love to see how this team might be playing right now with a healthy Jeff Taylor. he was playing well before his injury

upgrade PG in the draft and go after a front court in FA

no to Melo. don't think Clifford would put up with his lack of defense/wanting to play defense

Posted

I'd only go PG with our second, biggest need right now is a floor stretching two-guard.

CDR is a free agent this off-season, though there's no reason not to bring him back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Kemba Walker

PJ Hairston (1st via Portland)

Carmelo Anthony (via Free Agency)

Cody Zeller

Al Jefferson

Tyler Ennis (1st via Detroit)

Gary Neal

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Bismack Biyombo

A.J. Hammons (2nd rd pick)

Jeremy Pargo

Jeffery Taylor

Chris Douglas-Roberts

Anthony Tolliver

Brendan Haywood

NBA Championship caliber team. Make it happen Michael.

1 person likes this

Posted

Melo ain't coming here. We need a solid backup PG and a second tier level SG (Gordon Hayward or Lance Stephenson preferably). Draft is and always will be BPA no matter what position.

Posted

McBob pretty much has to play when Kemba is on the floor to keep the ball moving.

The weakest position on this team is easily at the 3 spot. Some offense out of that position would do wonders. Instead we are stuck having hendo playing the 3 in a lot of instances.

Posted

I wouldn't want Melo here. We got pretty good chemistry here atm. Don't need to bring a ball hog in and mess that up. Phil Jackson also said he's gonna build around Melo in NY.

Posted

Answer to number 6- the rockets. Closer to a ring than the cats.

Posted

..if have a couples thoughts/questions:

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch?

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season?

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here?

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need?

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy.

I would love it if we could get Sessions back.  He knows the players well, and he did a great job while he was here.  It's easy to see how good Sessions is after watching Ridnour.

Other then backup pg I really don't think we need to touch the guards through free agency unless we can get something unbelievable. Most of our attention should be on reinforcing our post.  

Posted

What is Taylor's time table?

Posted

1>whoever thought CDR would be the guy to put us over the top when we signed him off his couch? Not me, I knew he was good in college but he has had a career revitalization here.

2>what kinda deal do we want to bring him back on after this season? I would still pass on him as good as he has been, I am afraid he may step on a healthy Taylor's growth.

3>CDR..Jeff Taylor..Neal..Henderson are all under contract next year- will they all be playing here? Everyone but CDR IMO.

4>backup PG is obviously a need- but so is a physical scoring presence down low (which Biz just doesn't give us). What is our #1 need? Bring Sessions back, he is from the Carolinas and wants to be here, I hated that we traded him.

5>Do we go after a backup PG with the FA money (Stucky/Sessions/Livingston both UFAs) we will have and draft a big (Adrien Payne maybe) with the PORT pick? Or do we want to go PG in the draft (Ennis, Napier) and go after a front court player in FA Get the backup PG in FA.

6>And here is the big one- why wouldn't Melo want to come play here? he would instantly be in the top 3 in the East right with Miami (who is fading with age and injury) and Indy. It looks and sounds like a good situation but I think at the end of the day Phil will somehow lure him to say put in NY.

Posted

CDR>Taylor.