214 replies to this topic

#181 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,724 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Gettleman will most likely draft a WR, but it wont be in  the early rounds like many of you are expecting. 

With the class so deep, and Gettleman's assumed eye for talent, we could get a legitimate weapon for Cam in the mid-late rounds.

we're so used to mid to late round picks being garbage, but this new guy could have a serious nack for snagging talent. Who needs picks when you can bring in solid UDFA contributors ? 

Just beef up the O-line. Double dip? how about OL through round 3. 

#182 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Just like our front 7 compensated for our less than average secondary (Florence, Midget,  UDFA, another UDFA, the asshole from Oakland), A beefed up and revamped O-line would certainly make the lives of our skill players much easier. 

#183 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

I bet you a $1vs your car we don't

Deal

No backsies

You can't triple stamp a double stamp.

#184 lola

lola

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

I don't care where we draft a WR, I just want one to be drafted. Protect Cam and then get him someone to throw to.

#185 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,225 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

So what happens when we don't draft a WR this year

Levels. Yeah, I’m getting rid of all my furniture. All of it. And I’m going to build these different levels, with steps, and it’ll all be carpeted with a lot of pillows. You know, like ancient Egypt.

#186 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

All I have to say is that if we don't draft at least 1 potential #1 receiver in this wr heavy draft............................ WE NEVER WILL.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#187 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,225 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

McNizzut

#188 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

If we had a great o line Williams and Stewart could perhaps run 08 esque and then Cam he would have mad time to pass or gash with possible wide open holes from a great o line - Gettleman will do whats right

#189 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

If we don't draft a WR at all in what is being called one of the deepest WR classes in recent draft history when we undeniably have a huge need at the position...

Take a moment and review the pre-draft visits to the Panthers that have been reported so far.

What position do several of them play?

#190 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Everyone should take note of who is saying what. As someone already pointed out, the same folks claiming that we don't need a #1 WR, passing game isn't important, attempting to have an explosive offensive should be secondary are the exact same people in December/January complaining that Cam did not throw for 300 yards, and the offense is only putting up 10 points.

They will be the first to throw Newton under the bus and question whether he the long term solution at QB.

How do I know this? Go back to last off season. All throughout the the summer when folks were complaining about the lack of talent on offense, that Cam needed more help, they said we had the personnel to have a top 10 offense. Of course, once September hit, "Newton is a bum."

Come September, if Newton is not throwing for 300 yards and putting up 30 points, these same people now talking about having a run first, control the clock offense, will be screaming: how come can't Newton be like Rodgers? And suggesting it is time to trade Newton for picks.

#191 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

If we had a great o line Williams and Stewart could perhaps run 08 esque and then Cam he would have mad time to pass or gash with possible wide open holes from a great o line - Gettleman will do whats right

Except for that was SIX years ago. They are not the same RBs.

#192 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

Let's just trade for Wallace and that solves that and I feel better about the offseason.

#193 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

2008 run game with our 2014 defense? jizz

its possible.. bulk up that O-Line!

#194 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Everyone should take note of who is saying what. As someone already pointed out, the same folks claiming that we don't need a #1 WR, passing game isn't important, attempting to have an explosive offensive should be secondary are the exact same people in December/January complaining that Cam did not throw for 300 yards, and the offense is only putting up 10 points.

They will be the first to throw Newton under the bus and question whether he the long term solution at QB.

How do I know this? Go back to last off season. All throughout the the summer when folks were complaining about the lack of talent on offense, that Cam needed more help, they said we had the personnel to have a top 10 offense. Of course, once September hit, "Newton is a bum."

Come September, if Newton is not throwing for 300 yards and putting up 30 points, these same people now talking about having a run first, control the clock offense, will be screaming: how come can't Newton be like Rodgers? And suggesting it is time to trade Newton for picks.

That won't happen this season. The whole world and analysts see how this offseason has went and been handled

#195 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Let's just trade for Wallace and that solves that and I feel better about the offseason.

Can pretty much tell you that's not happening because Williams carries a ridiculous contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com