• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#91 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

My problem with his response is he is trying to match what he did last year. Who does that ? You have to set goals of improving. If you do not you regress. The South has improved this year. Doing what we did last year will not work.

Very upset with that lame approach and that lame response.

#92 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

I like a coach that tells the other 31 teams what we are thinking.

#93 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

I honestly believe he feels our offense is absolutely okay. I honestly believe he feels it did a good job last year and that he legitimately doesn't know how often luck had a huge hand in our success.

Of course they know we got lucky a lot.  We also were eerily unlucky in 2012.

With the parity of today's NFL, every succesful team has a fair amount of luck on their side.

San Francisco probably loses to Green Bay if the GB corner catches the interception that hit his hands.

Seattle probably loses to SF if Kap threw to a wide open Boldin instead of the Sherman tip/interception.  If Kap throws that ball a little higher, it's probably a SF touchdown.

Hell, New England won three Superbowls by being lucky, and lost two when luck favored the Giants (helmet catch, Welker's drop).

#94 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

They let Tate walk and cut Rice. That leaves an UDFA in Baldwin. I honestly can't name another receiver for them.

His comments don't mean we aren't goon to draft a receiver. Comparing their unit vs our unit is an incomplete comparison until the final 53 is announced. That's just like everyone freaking out. What Khaki is saying, and I agree with, is that a strong run game and punishing D is still a philosophy that works in the NFL.

Percy Harvin?

#95 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

I like a coach that tells the other 31 teams what we are thinking.

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

#96 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

My problem with his response is he is trying to match what he did last year. Who does that ? You have to set goals of improving. If you do not you regress. The South has improved this year. Doing what we did last year will not work.

Very upset with that lame approach and that lame response.

So you're saying DG and RR have no goals and this approach isn't part of their strategy?  They're just taking a lame approach with no reasoning?  Interesting...

#97 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Percy Harvin?

How much did he play last year? 

#98 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

I honestly believe he feels our offense is absolutely okay. I honestly believe he feels it did a good job last year and that he legitimately doesn't know how often luck had a huge hand in our success.

I do not think he is that stupid....he is protecting his boss and his OC. We have clearly regressed with the loss of Gross and others. I do understand it is early and I do believe this draft is absolutely loaded with WRs and we will grab one but someone please explain how we are going to replace Gross even if we draft one with our 1st pick?

To me it was an insult to the intelligence of the fan base for Rivera to suggest our LT may be on the team. I really thought Gettts was going sign one of the guys who hit FA.

#99 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

How much did he play last year?

You said you couldn't name another one. I named one.

#100 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I think the biggest issue here is Shula....

Cam didn't look like he was forced into being a game manager until we got rid of Chud.

I don't think it matters if we have a #1 wr or not Shula is going to ruin our offense no matter what IMO.

Exactly, people using Boldin clearly don't watch much football. He made clutch catch after contested clutch catch all playoff/SB long.

We scored more points last year with Shula than we did the year before with Chud.    Chud's best year is when we had Shockey and Olsen and ran a bunch of two tight end sets.   Our OL is attrocious.   I don't understand what you guys want Shula to do? 

#101 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Seahawks #1 WR?
Baltimores #1 WR?
New England's #1 WR the past decade?
Honestly, New Orleans has had a collection of 2s since Colston's luster wore off of late.

IMO, weapons at the receiving positions, a protective and cohesive OL and a running game is what Cam needs to be successful. Drafting a couple of WRs and pairing them with Olsen, Cotchery, McNutt and King and allowing Cam to find the open guy and let his prowess take over should work. Maybe that was the thinking with how much Smitty was Cam's security blanket and maybe Smith was in his ear too much about getting him the ball. That being said, we haven't gad a good run game in two years and our OL is equally as depressing right now. Too many holes to fill in this offseason alone, but I really hope this front office realizes that our brand of offense last year was barely enjoyable to watch and needs to be tweaked.

#102 NFLFangirl19

NFLFangirl19

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

We scored more points last year with Shula than we did the year before with Chud. Chud's best year is when we had Shockey and Olsen and ran a bunch of two tight end sets. Our OL is attrocious. I don't understand what you guys want Shula to do?

call better plays in the red zone.

#103 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

You said you couldn't name another one. I named one.

Right...that was exactly what I meant, too.  Great contribution to the point. 

#104 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

So you're saying DG and RR have no goals and this approach isn't part of their strategy? They're just taking a lame approach with no reasoning? Interesting...

I am hopeful that Rivera's response was a smokescreen. If it wasn't then he is okay with mediocracy.

I didn't bring up DG. Never mentioned his name. Not sure why you mentioned him. I understand the poop he has been given with the salaries and salary cap. Tough decisions have to be made.

#105 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

maybe they are fixing things one at a time, and they view DBs and WRs as the last things to get fixed. start at your lines, and work your way out. patience huddle-san.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com