Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

This is pathetic

707 posts in this topic

LOL.did i spell it wrong?

No your sentence just didn't make sense. You want to explain or should we all just assume you were drunk off your ass when you posted that?

I'm saying if a student takes an SAT and qualifies, it makes MW look like a complete idiot, because all universities use this test along with HS GPA, class rank and other factors.

Listen, my son is a Psych major at Carolina and I know what I'm talking about. He scored almost 2200 on his SAT's, took AP courses throughout HS and had a 4.4 GPA, was in the upper 97th percentile on state based testing in every subject. He turned down Harvard, Duke, Vandy and many other fine institutions, because Carolina was home. Why bring this up you ask? It's the same for athletes looking to make it to the next level, most don't meet the criteria mentioned above, however they're not going to be psychologist either, that's not their dream.

My God dude, I've had enough on this subject...

No your sentence just didn't make sense. You want to explain or should we all just assume you were drunk off your ass when you posted that?

haven't been that drunk since early 80's.

There is a rumor floating around on twitter and the dookie social media outlets that Quinn Cook is in danger of being dismissed from school due to grades. Wow.

I'm saying if a student takes an SAT and qualifies, it makes MW look like a complete idiot, because all universities use this test along with HS GPA, class rank and other factors.

Listen, my son is a Psych major at Carolina and I know what I'm talking about. He scored almost 2200 on his SAT's, took AP courses throughout HS and had a 4.4 GPA, was in the upper 97th percentile on state based testing in every subject. He turned down Harvard, Duke, Vandy and many other fine institutions, because Carolina was home. Why bring this up you ask? It's the same for athletes looking to make it to the next level, most don't meet the criteria mentioned above, however they're not going to be psychologist either, that's not their dream.

My God dude, I've had enough on this subject...

Are you seriously trying to tell me that schools can't get around a low SAT score to get players on campus? My whole point is to make the independent research look legitimate give all the test scores to them not just the one. Dean said the SAT wasn't relevant but like you pointed out it's standardized and I think you could learn something from it because of the writing you have to do.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that schools can't get around a low SAT score to get players on campus? My whole point is to make the independent research look legitimate give all the test scores to them not just the one. Dean said the SAT wasn't relevant but like you pointed out it's standardized and I think you could learn something from it because of the writing you have to do.

Do you think Jabari Parker was accepted at Duke for anything other than his athletic ability? Of course not, but if you want the best players available, then you have to lower entrance standards.

The problem with MW and her research is the fact she was approved access to athletes SATA scores to study learning disabilities and recognizing ADHD. Since MW had not worked with athletes since 2010, she had no authority to access primary data such as ACT/SAT scores without consent. If in fact Dr Johnson shared this information with MW, then both had unethically breached the athletes’ confidentiality. This is why after her analysis was received by university officials, it raised eyebrows. Not only did it contain confidential information, her conclusions were based on models of reading levels by using partial data and applying it to her formula. 3 days after her methods and conduct are called in to question, she turns over a different (inflated) report to CNN.

Do you think Jabari Parker was accepted at Duke for anything other than his athletic ability? Of course not, but if you want the best players available, then you have to lower entrance standards.

The problem with MW and her research is the fact she was approved access to athletes SATA scores to study learning disabilities and recognizing ADHD. Since MW had not worked with athletes since 2010, she had no authority to access primary data such as ACT/SAT scores without consent. If in fact Dr Johnson shared this information with MW, then both had unethically breached the athletes’ confidentiality. This is why after her analysis was received by university officials, it raised eyebrows. Not only did it contain confidential information, her conclusions were based on models of reading levels by using partial data and applying it to her formula. 3 days after her methods and conduct are called in to question, she turns over a different (inflated) report to CNN.

the closer!

I have not seen this reported anywhere do you have the link?

There is a rumor floating around on twitter and the dookie social media outlets that Quinn Cook is in danger of being dismissed from school due to grades. Wow.

Haven't seen this reported anywhere.

I have not seen this reported anywhere do you have the link?

I guess the truth isn't sexy... I posted a link from a "blog" that explains everything. For future reference, read other links as you expect others to read yours.

For what?  Trying to clean up dirty academics?  It's so funny that you heels fans hate her especially you since you said your son is very smart and attends unc.  Are you more concerned about athletics or how people view your sons degree?