#31 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

it is not a final AFAM paper, the paper did not get an A-,and yet it was presented as such. That is what we call a lie.it was not a paper from a phony AFAM class which is a lie. Yes I would say it qualifies as a lie.As presented this paper is a lie. It is false and misleading. That is a lie. just because a lie contains an element of truth doesn't make it not a lie.

So, your first statement about it being questionable and possibly not being authenticated is a lie, then?

You are unequivocally stating this is no longer questionable? You are stating it has been authenticated?

#32 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,409 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Umm... it's not their "smarts" that got them accepted. It was their athletic ability.

That's exactly what I implied.

Clearly most of you in this thread are concerned with UNC getting an upper hand on athletics then actually caring about these kids getting an education.

#33 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Clearly most of you in this thread are concerned with UNC getting an upper hand on athletics then actually caring about these kids getting an education.

No, it's just that I'm not naive enough to believe the athletes are there for any other reason than to make money for the school.

If any of them happen to go out and take advantage of their opportunity to receive a quality education while attending school on an athletic scholarship, I applaud the individual.

#34 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

No, it's just that I'm not naive enough to believe the athletes are there for any other reason than to make money for the school.

If any of them happen to go out and take advantage of their opportunity to receive a quality education while attending school on an athletic scholarship, I applaud the individual.

only mens basketball and college football players make the university money. a lot of basketball programs don't even turn a profit.  Basically football players fund college athletics.

#35 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I am being completely sincere, all jokes aside.. I want not just UNC, but every school to offer a proper education to everyone they take in.

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

only mens basketball and college football players make the university money. a lot of basketball programs don't even turn a profit.  Basically football players fund college athletics.

While you state a fairly well known fact, athletic scholarships are still awarded to nearly every sport offered by the school, regardless of that sport's profitability. And while the vast majority of collegiate sports don't bring in money, they do come with a certain notoriety.

College hockey means nothing to anyone in the south, but don't you think perennial powerhouses such as North Dakota, Minnesota and a couple of others actually profit from a lengthy history of success?

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I am being completely sincere, all jokes aside.. I want not just UNC, but every school to offer a proper education to everyone they take in.

I believe all schools do offer a proper education.

Now, ask me if I believe every college athlete takes advantage of that opportunity...

1. A top 10 high school b-ball player goes to a top 10 college b-ball program. My guess is he'll never take advantage of the educational opportunities afforded him.

2. A top-ranked high school women's field hockey player goes to a top-ranked collegiate field hockey team. My guess is she'll make the most of that opportunity given the fact there is little chance of a professional career in field hockey when she finishes college, graduating or not.

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Risk/reward is called that for a reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#39 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

So, your first statement about it being questionable and possibly not being authenticated is a lie, then?

You are unequivocally stating this is no longer questionable? You are stating it has been authenticated?

As presented this paper is unequivocally a lie,yes.My statement was whether it was from an actual student but that doesn't change the lie of the representation of what this paper is.It could still be from an actual student but is presented as a lie.A partial truth doesn't change a lie.

#40 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

While you state a fairly well known fact, athletic scholarships are still awarded to nearly every sport offered by the school, regardless of that sport's profitability. And while the vast majority of collegiate sports don't bring in money, they do come with a certain notoriety.

College hockey means nothing to anyone in the south, but don't you think perennial powerhouses such as North Dakota, Minnesota and a couple of others actually profit from a lengthy history of success?

No.

#41 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

As presented this paper is unequivocally a lie,yes.My statement was whether it was from an actual student but that doesn't change the lie of the representation of what this paper is.It could still be from an actual student but is presented as a lie.A partial truth doesn't change a lie.

So, the question then becomes which lies does one accept or reject to either confirm or deny the entire premise of the subject, since you say the OP lied and I say you've also lied.

#42 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

So, the question then becomes which lies does one accept or reject to either confirm or deny the entire premise of the subject, since you say the OP lied and I say you've also lied.

you cannot correctly restate what isaid so i guess we have a 3 way tie at the moment.

#43 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Well apparently it wasnt a final paper after all.  THE PLOT THICKENS

http://www.slate.com...real_story.html

#44 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

This is 100 percent true from the woman that used to work there.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1737861

Protip: I don't post things that aren't legit. Not my job to convince you either. It took ten seconds to google a news source to someone else's liking when they could've done the same thing AND not look like a moron in the process.

GOOD JOB!

#45 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

This clearly raises doubt about whether this is from an actual student or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com