Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

Panthers have workout with DE Larry Webster

01/14/14 - 2014 Shrine Game: Defensive line prospects shine on Tuesday...While he's not as polished as Justin Ellis or Cassius Marsh, Bloomsburg DE Larry Webster (6-6, 249) has an athletic and intriguing skill-set that is tough to ignore. He displayed excellent quickness, natural bend and the flexibility to play in space and win with speed off the edge. Webster, who starred for four years on the basketball court in college, needs to get stronger and add meat to his lean, lanky body type, but I expect Webster to essentially take a “redshirt” year as a rookie to take advantage of a NFL weight room and pro coaching. His future in the league is likely at linebacker or maybe even tight end, but regardless, he has exciting potential. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94310&draftyear=2014&genpos=DE

Damn that Gettleman, already thinking about Hardy's replacement.

easy, easy..

A good DE rotation is very important!   It would be a nice change up to have A physical freak come in, all rested up, giving Hardy/Johnson a breather. Doesn't necessarily mean a replacement. pash rush, pash rush, and more pash rush is NOT a bad thing! Picking a project DE in the late rounds is a luxury we can offord. Groom that bitch. 

disclaimer: not saying you undervalue the DE position. I tend to ramble, just like every college fug trying to avoid writing a paper. 

I did a a little thread on him and Zach Moore a little while back:

Could be a decent draft pick later on.  

Can he play TE?

Mcshay mentioned this as a possibility in a recent article. Apparently he played as a goal like receiver and was great- smooth runner, soft hands, high points ball

"McShay: Bloomsburg DE Larry Webster notched 26 combined sacks the past two seasons, his only two years playing football. He was a basketball player from 2008 to '11. Then he tore up the combine, running a 4.58 40-yard dash at 6-6, 252 pounds. He could wind up as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL, but I also wouldn't be stunned if he made the transition to tight end and followed in the footsteps of guys like Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas as former basketball players turned matchup nightmares."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10678178

I trust Gettleman, but our history of drafting players who are tweeners between DE and OLB hasn't been very good.. I'm always apprehensive of guys like this.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pantherfan1971