Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

Panthers have workout with DE Larry Webster

32 posts in this topic

Damn that Gettleman, already thinking about Hardy's replacement.

Might be CJ 's replacement. Having 2 young dynamic Passrushers. 

Needs to bulk up, but has the frame to do so.

Sent from my LGMS769 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I trust Gettleman, but our history of drafting players who are tweeners between DE and OLB hasn't been very good.. I'm always apprehensive of guys like this.

there is interest in this TE CJ Fiedorowicz.

And the radio team cringes...

1 person likes this

I trust Gettleman, but our history of drafting players who are tweeners between DE and OLB hasn't been very good.. I'm always apprehensive of guys like this.

Our history is irrelevant before last season.

there is interest in this TE CJ Fiedorowicz.

For fans of big targets (me) this is good news.

Our history is irrelevant before last season.

I agree. I didn't mean to make it sound like our history was relevant to us making similar mistakes... I'm just apprehensive about these guys because it's rare to find guys with that size that can develop to be every down DEs.  For a lot of these guys, they come in with a ceiling.  It's just nice to get guys that don't have certain physical limitations.  I understand that sometimes, you look at certain late round picks as situational/special teams players.  That's fine.  But it's always nice to find those late round guys that have the ability to become every down players. (Hardy is an example)

Again, I'm not saying it cant happen with guys like Webster.  You just see it less often across the board.

1 person likes this

Damn that Gettleman, already thinking about Hardy's replacement.

Either his or CJ's replacement. I don't think both of them will be on the roster in a year or so. 

smh i have found 3 workouts, from just searching the web. while the observer boys have yet to say anything really about who the panthers are looking at.

Care to share the ones you found? I saw you said CJF; I'm glad we're interested in him. Getts hinted we needed a Martellus Bennett type TE.