Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The long term solution at RB

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Deangelo williams is 30 and  Jstew cant stay on the field. With everyone talking about our need at wideout we have a need thats going to need to be addressed within the next 2-3 years thats going to conflict with the re-signing of keek and star. is kenyon barner the future at the postion? maybe if he bulks up some but i don't see he being in the league after his rookie contract is up. Is drafting a RB early really that out of the question?

Posted · Report post

K Barner will not be a every down back

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Next year in the draft.

Posted · Report post

Getty has said he wants to draft players that can make an immediate impact.

With Stew, DWill, Barner and Mike on the roster, let's just say I doubt it.

Posted · Report post

Barner is not an every-down back. He's not even a third-down back.

We can't do anything to fix our backfield until next year, when we can cut D-wil without issue. If Gettleman hadn't restructured Stewart we could have cut him too, but I guess we have a soft spot for training bike regulars.

Posted · Report post

You see all these vet RBs that were on the street waiting for a job? Yea. It's pretty easy to find a RB today.

I wanna hang myself looking at our 100mil backfield compared to what Ben Tate, Moreno, MJD, McFadden all got.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Next year we can use a 2nd or 3rd to pick up a top-notch running back.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hopefully Barner can develop into something, but what if a guy like Andre Williams is on the board in the 5th round?  Don't be shocked.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Deangelo has been pretty solid for us lately. Not elite but he's good enough. I hope he ends up staying with the team until retirement because at least he has shown he can stay healthy and produce at his age.

I've wanted to Stewart to be the feature back for a while now. He was the chosen one but the guy literally is never on the field.

It all depends on Barner. Did he bulk up? What can he do? If he proves to be a home run threat or a weapon in some capacity I'd be pretty happy with him and Deangelo. Give Tolbert more carries. He's basically a RB for us anyway.

Posted · Report post

Kenjon, paired with another back that compliments him, would be a very good option for us.

Posted · Report post

Kenjon has shown nothing so far, not even on returns.

Posted · Report post

in this league, there is no such thing as long term solution at RB

3 people like this