Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

The long term solution at RB

in 2012 barner rushed for 1761 yards 21 td's --- he had an additional 256 yrads receiving and 2 td's --- he did this in the pac 12... season highling he had 321 yards against rivial USC. obviously the kid has skills. was he ready for the jump to the nfl last year...he did not appear to be, given the small number of opportunities that he was given. just give the guy a chance... what do we have to lose = ZERO.

i thought barner looked completely lost when he was on the field. sure he was a rookie, but he definitely wasn't ready.

I agree, and he's a fumbler.

I'll take a good ball carrier with good vision over a scat back any day.

Stewart will be our feat back for atleast 3 years and Mike Tolbert will be the FB. We probably will pick up a change of pace back in 2015 draft.

Hard to say Stew is going to be our back for the next 3 years. Only once in the last 4 years he played all 16 games. The past 2 years he's played a combined 15 games with a total of 141 carries. Very doubtful he holds up for a full season much less 3 as a feature back. We're going to need someone else. Whether or not that's Barner remains to be seen.

stew looked pretty good in the limited time he had this past year. i can't really fault him for some dickhead saints playr diving head first into his knee.

Hard to say Stew is going to be our back for the next 3 years. Only once in the last 4 years he played all 16 games. The past 2 years he's played a combined 15 games with a total of 141 carries. Very doubtful he holds up for a full season much less 3 as a feature back. We're going to need someone else. Whether or not that's Barner remains to be seen.

I disagree but we will see after 2014 how durable he is. IMO he gets 1,000 + yds this season and becomes the lead back. 

You see all these vet RBs that were on the street waiting for a job? Yea. It's pretty easy to find a RB today.

I wanna hang myself looking at our 100mil backfield compared to what Ben Tate, Moreno, MJD, McFadden all got.

So much this. We could have the same exact backfield we have now and have signed Dax if we just gave our rbs what they were worth. Obviously they wouldn't be worth that now but you can't predict injuries. That still doesn't excuse over paying them at the time though

CJ Spiller is going to be available in 2016.  If the Panthers can wait that long and the Bills do not extend him or retain him he might be fun to watch with Nam Cewton.

Cj spiller will be on the downside of his career by 2016. Rb's are plentiful --- when the time comes we'll draft a fresh rookie with a full tank of gas.

Remember when nick goings had like 5 straight 100 yard rushing weeks. That tells you that you dont need to invest so much money at the position

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Remember when nick goings had like 5 straight 100 yard rushing weeks. That tells you that you dont need to invest so much money at the position

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If you have a good OL they can make anyone look good.