Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose87Banks

I sense a lot of doubt

69 posts in this topic

tumblr_mw9yd94tPI1t00vw4o1_400.gif

What the hell is happening here? Is he shooting the ground beside him and then giving a "who's with me look" to the guys behind him? Hilarious...

1 person likes this

We had this in another thread. Pessimistic vs Optimistic.

2013 Pessimist were 6-10, 7-9 and 8-8 and Gettleman didn't have a clue.

2013 Optimist were 10-6, 11-5, 12-4,16-0 and winning the Super Bowl. I believe I said 10-6 winning the division / Wildcard.

Gettleman showed us he knew what he was doing. I don't think there was one bad pick during the draft. Kugbila being the closest bust. and Hixon being the worst Free Agent (yet he caught probably the most important pass in 2013)

The bargain free agents don't excite too many but how can you not have faith in Gettleman. The man gave us the NFCS crown with little in his pocket yet he got who we needed at a price we can use.

I have to give it to him and most of you should too.

I have a hard time giving Gettleman all the credit for 12-4, that's his supporters biggest argument is that he went 12-4 his first year. If we are still blaming Hurney then he still gets credit for 12-4.

Biggest Reasons for 12-4:

1. Riverboat Ron-Hurney Hire

2. DPOY Luke Kuechly-Hurney drafted

3. Cam being Cam-Hurney drafted

4. Dline- 3 starters drafted or brought here by...you guessed it Marty Hurney

Honorable mention:Thomas Davis

All Gettleman did was add a little sugar to the pie, the core pieces were already here for 12-4. When we went 7-9, we lost a lot of close games that could have easily been wins.

Gettleman's impact has yet to take full affect, now we are going to see how he can build a team and not just add pieces.

I doubt we'll lose 2 10+ year starters, greatest players at their position in franchise history, plus top 4 receivers, 3 captains, PR & KR every off-season, but ok.

I have a hard time giving Gettleman all the credit for 12-4, that's his supporters biggest argument is that he went 12-4 his first year. If we are still blaming Hurney then he still gets credit for 12-4.

Biggest Reasons for 12-4:

1. Riverboat Ron-Hurney Hire

2. DPOY Luke Kuechly-Hurney drafted

3. Cam being Cam-Hurney drafted

4. Dline- 3 starters drafted or brought here by...you guessed it Marty Hurney

Honorable mention:Thomas Davis

All Gettleman did was add a little sugar to the pie, the core pieces were already here for 12-4. When we went 7-9, we lost a lot of close games that could have easily been wins.

Gettleman's impact has yet to take full affect, now we are going to see how he can build a team and not just add pieces.

Aaaahhh I see. So the GM who helped us get to 12-4 last year deserves no credit for it. Brilliant :wacko:

How thoroughly odd that nobody's beating down the door to hire Marty Hurney as their GM.

(heck, nobody's even making the effort it takes to dial a phone)

Meanwhile, Gettleman's peers praise the job he did.

But of course you, with all your team building expertise, praise a man who only helmed three winning teams In eleven seasons, presided over four straight losing seasons before last year, traded up for guys like Everette Brown and Armanti Edwards and tried to trade up for Jimmy Clausen, and who when he was asked how he'd fix a team in crisis responded "I don't know."

Who to take seriously... :unsure:

1 person likes this

Posted Image

Jesus. ...This dumbass violated almost every single weapon safety rule in less than 5 seconds. Impressive.

Also this off season has been like bangin a chic you met at the bar raw....you won't know if a mistake that cant be fixed was made until 6 months later when you take the hiv test. We have to wait and see. Never done that. Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

when I got up this morning, my pee came out at a 45 degree angle.

Aaaahhh I see. So the GM who helped us get to 12-4 last year deserves no credit for it. Brilliant :wacko:

How thoroughly odd that nobody's beating down the door to hire Marty Hurney as their GM.

(heck, nobody's even making the effort it takes to dial a phone)

Meanwhile, Gettleman's peers praise the job he did.

But of course you, with all your team building expertise, praise a man who only helmed three winning teams In eleven seasons, presided over four straight losing seasons before last year, traded up for guys like Everette Brown and Armanti Edwards and tried to trade up for Jimmy Clausen, and who when he was asked how he'd fix a team in crisis responded "I don't know."

Who to take seriously... :unsure:

I never said he didn't deserve any credit, I said he doesn't deserve as much credit as you guys here give him. I also never said I preferred Marty as a GM, those are assumptions you must include because your argument is void of anything that makes sense.

And again I hate to defend Hurney, but getting a GM job ain't easy ol Dave will tell you that. Who says he's even looking for a job? He might be content where he is.

Well it's completely expected of us fans to support. I'd rather not be a pessimist. Unlike a lot of huddlers I've seen lately

I can respect your optimism

Good ol faith never hurt!

Love the fresh smell of sarcasm before dinner!

There will always be a certain amount of doubt, belief, sarcasm, pessimism and optimism during the off-season. Moreover, such feelings are more dynamic than static, and may change depending upon the issue, circumstance and/or perspective.  It's just the nature of the beast.  

The thing is is that this is a forum where such issues are supposed to be readily discussed.  

One thing that I think that we can all agree on is that no man is perfect.  It can be argued that blindly following any man without questioning what he's doing or where he's taking you exhibits a certain amount of bad "faith" and is somewhat disingenuous. 

I never said he didn't deserve any credit, I said he doesn't deserve as much credit as you guys here give him. I also never said I preferred Marty as a GM, those are assumptions you must include because your argument is void of anything that makes sense.

And again I hate to defend Hurney, but getting a GM job ain't easy ol Dave will tell you that. Who says he's even looking for a job? He might be content where he is.

Given the posts you've made lately - including the one I responded to - you're not really in much of a position to talk about the other people's arguments not making sense.

U didn't answer any of his questions. Just made fun of him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app