Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHS831

Jacoby Ford a possibility

jarhead    1,031

470 yards and 2 tds makes for an absolute stud?

He is a different kind of stud.

Billy Love    858

Does anyone remember the Clemson tiger duo: jacoby ford and cj spiller???? Jacoby ford has tons of speed and good hands. He's worth a try IMO

El Chingon    644

Does anyone remember the Clemson tiger duo: jacoby ford and cj spiller???? Jacoby ford has tons of speed and good hands. He's worth a try IMO

no.

Billy Love    858

no.

Then you missed out. They were scary fast and a real threat to score at any point they touched the ball. If I'm not mistaken jacoby ford has Olympic speed.

jtm    241

Ford is a lesser known Ginn. I would love to see this signing. He isn't going to be an every down kind of WR, but you have to account for him when he's on the field bc of his blazing speed.

nctarheel0619    7,100

Same reason as guys like Ted Ginn, Peter Warrick, etc.

Sometimes the super speedsters aren't very complete receivers.

I don't think Warrick was that fast. He just didn't have "it" as a pro.

Captain Morgan    11,184

the linked article says he has brick hands.

If we sign him, it will be to return kicks and to draw coverage deep so we can hit a real receiver in the

middle.

MHS831    4,697

the linked article says he has brick hands.

If we sign him, it will be to return kicks and to draw coverage deep so we can hit a real receiver in the

middle.

This guy probably will have to earn a roster spot--maybe a change of scenery helps.

If he can return kicks and punts and give us nothing at WR, he could (possibly) be worth the vet. min.

I am getting tired of getting WRs who can't catch the ball, however.  Lafell and Ginn were scary. King has the same concerns.   Give me a good, tall WR who goes and gets the ball and catches it cleanly. That is what Cam needs because he is not the most accurate QB ever.