Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proehl at Oregon State today

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

in before smokescreen

Posted · Report post

After in before smokescreen. 

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

They want Cooks. He has to be close to the top of the board. I want him too.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Scott Crichton, I bet
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Could be.  Long way to travel.

The bigger question, as always, is whether he will even be available.  I've seen recent mocks with both Cooks and OBJ gone when we're on the clock.

Posted · Report post

I'm starting to think Cooks doesn't fall to 28...but the Panthers have been doing a lot of homework on him.  There will be a good WR available at 28, that's for sure.  Will WR be BPA is the bigger question?

Posted · Report post

It's interesting how many of this forum wanted Tavon Austin last year but this year Cooks, an equal or better player, is all a sudden too small.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's interesting how many of this forum wanted Tavon Austin last year but this year Cooks, an equal or better player, is all a sudden too small.

Tavon Austin would have probably been a 2nd round pick in this years draft with all the talent at WR.  He was just considered the best available WR in 2013's draft (in reality it turned out Keenan Allen was the best).  Uninformed fans wanted him because he was the best available WR.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It'll be interesting to see which receiver proehl falls in love with in this draft, supposedly was high on Keenan Allen last year and look what he did

Posted · Report post

It'll be interesting to see which receiver proehl falls in love with in this draft, supposedly was high on Keenan Allen last year and look what he did

Yeah hopefully they will listen the the veteran. He didn't play 10 plus years in the league because of his size. He played because he was a good athlete but even better route runner with good hands. I have also heard he is a very intelligent guy.

I think Proehl would be a better talent evaluator for a receiver than most of the scouts. His input needs to be heavily considered when evaluating prospects.