Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyrus Kouandjio revisted

215 posts in this topic

Posted

There are a lot if guys who play tackle in college and have to love to guard in the nfl.

Must analysts have him as a guard....but I forgot that chuck knows more about positional evaluation than the experts.

I do. Thanks.

Posted

the position has evolved, gross was 12 years ago. he spent enough time and learn tricks to over come "short" arms. draft for the future, if not teams would still target 250 LB OLmen with 32in arms. i just want the cryus to be at 28th for a option standpoint.

Moses or Cyrus if you had to pick?

Posted

Cyrus (SEC) > Moses

but either one is ideal for the 1st pick. 

Posted

cryus, but not by a wide margin. on my panther big board cryus is 12-15 and moses is around 20th. 

Posted

cryus, but not by a wide margin. on my panther big board cryus is 12-15 and moses is around 20th.

Yeah I think the talent level is pretty much even

Posted

I think Cyrus has the quicker feet. Just worried about that knee.......

Posted

I'm not worried about the knee. I'd be worried if they made him go back to Indy for another medical evaluation but they didn't. Which leads me to believe the rumors of teams failing him were blown up because saban and his agent both came back saying every doctor their said they didn't.

Posted

I'm not worried about the knee. I'd be worried if they made him go back to Indy for another medical evaluation but they didn't. Which leads me to believe the rumors of teams failing him were blown up because saban and his agent both came back saying every doctor their said they didn't.

I am always worried about a knee especially with the big guys but I do not feel it should be a show stopper with Cyrus.  I worry more about his mental toughness and desire to compete.Does he have the ability? Hell yea he does but it takes more than that to compete in the NFL. I am sure the staff will vet those concerns.  

Posted

Disregard.

Posted

Late to the party here but had to watch the film on him over at www.draftbreakdown.com before I could chime in with an opinion. Been looking at several Tackles and I'd be on board with taking him but I'm doubting he's even there at 28 now. Morgan Moses seems to be a hot name on this board here lately and I have to think we could find better value at WR over him with our first.

Posted

Just my 2 cents but given that he's a projected starting LT if all is well and healthy, he should be gone by our pick.  If 25+ teams pass on him, I'd be very wary.  

Posted

Just my 2 cents but given that he's a projected starting LT if all is well and healthy, he should be gone by our pick. If 25+ teams pass on him, I'd be very wary.

Horrible logic. There can't just be 25 other teams that take better players or need a different position? He isn't the best OT prospect in the draft but he is certainly worth a late first round pick.

1 person likes this