#151 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

I'm not worried about the knee. I'd be worried if they made him go back to Indy for another medical evaluation but they didn't. Which leads me to believe the rumors of teams failing him were blown up because saban and his agent both came back saying every doctor their said they didn't.

#152 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,573 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

I'm not worried about the knee. I'd be worried if they made him go back to Indy for another medical evaluation but they didn't. Which leads me to believe the rumors of teams failing him were blown up because saban and his agent both came back saying every doctor their said they didn't.

I am always worried about a knee especially with the big guys but I do not feel it should be a show stopper with Cyrus.  I worry more about his mental toughness and desire to compete.Does he have the ability? Hell yea he does but it takes more than that to compete in the NFL. I am sure the staff will vet those concerns.  

#153 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,428 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

Disregard.

#154 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Late to the party here but had to watch the film on him over at www.draftbreakdown.com before I could chime in with an opinion. Been looking at several Tackles and I'd be on board with taking him but I'm doubting he's even there at 28 now. Morgan Moses seems to be a hot name on this board here lately and I have to think we could find better value at WR over him with our first.

#155 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Just my 2 cents but given that he's a projected starting LT if all is well and healthy, he should be gone by our pick.  If 25+ teams pass on him, I'd be very wary.  

#156 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Just my 2 cents but given that he's a projected starting LT if all is well and healthy, he should be gone by our pick. If 25+ teams pass on him, I'd be very wary.

Horrible logic. There can't just be 25 other teams that take better players or need a different position? He isn't the best OT prospect in the draft but he is certainly worth a late first round pick.

#157 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Horrible logic. There can't just be 25 other teams that take better players or need a different position? He isn't the best OT prospect in the draft but he is certainly worth a late first round pick.

I'm thinking from an purely odds standpoint given it's a starting LT.  Plus, more than a handful of teams could use a new tackle right now.  

#158 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Just my 2 cents but given that he's a projected starting LT if all is well and healthy, he should be gone by our pick. If 25+ teams pass on him, I'd be very wary.

no matter who we get at 28, it is going to be a player that 25+ teams passed on

#159 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

This. Very much failed logic lol

#160 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Of course but it's a difference when it's an LT or QB versus an RG or TE.  LT is a coveted starter to obtain early in the draft.  Been like that for a while.  

#161 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Of course but it's a difference when it's an LT or QB versus an RG or TE. LT is a coveted starter to obtain early in the draft. Been like that for a while.

No, teams are trying to get value. If a tackle doesn't warrant a 15 pick but he does a 25 pick. Teams won't reach for the value.

#162 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Of course but it's a difference when it's an LT or QB versus an RG or TE.  LT is a coveted starter to obtain early in the draft.  Been like that for a while.  

How many teams pass on Rodgers or x player? Bad logic no matter how you slice it. 

Team's big board is heavily influenced by needs. If you spent a high draft pick on a LT last year or just signed a good FA you will not be looking to draft a LT early. 

So many factors at play. Not to mention people being busts and people being hidden gems. 

#163 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

No, teams are trying to get value. If a tackle doesn't warrant a 15 pick but he does a 25 pick. Teams won't reach for the value.

The basis of my point is that Moses and Kouaj warrant top-25 consideration and will get it.  

#164 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

How many teams pass on Rodgers or x player? Bad logic no matter how you slice it. 

Team's big board is heavily influenced by needs. If you spent a high draft pick on a LT last year or just signed a good FA you will not be looking to draft a LT early. 

So many factors at play. Not to mention people being busts and people being hidden gems. 

It really is a crap shoot.  I'm just thinking this Cyrus kid may not be the pick even if he's available.  You never know how things go.  

#165 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'd be good with him at 28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.