Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrow

81 posts in this topic

Posted

not sure, It's not the acting or that it's on the CW. (I watched 8 of the 10 seasons of Smallville) I think it might be that I really don't like anybody on the show, actors or characters.

You watched eight seasons of Smallville?

Brave soul.

Posted

You watched eight seasons of Smallville?

Brave soul.

I actually thought it was a good show. But I did get tired of Clark in HS, that's when I checked out for a couple of seasons.

Posted

I actually thought it was a good show. But I did get tired of Clark in HS, that's when I checked out for a couple of seasons.

It WAS a good show. However, whatever good was left disappeared after the third season.

Posted

I have never been as sad to HAVE to hate a show as I did Smallville. Loved it at first....and around season 4 or 5....I just couldn't.

The breakup was hard, but it had to be done. I think we both benefited from it and grew because of it.

Posted

I have watched the first 10 episodes of season 1 so far....really really bored.

Arrow takes a while in the first season to get good.  I think it's worth it if you like hero type stuff.  It does always have the CW vibe but it straddles the line and usually stays non-cheesy the best it can.  This season has been great though, so it's getting very better.  I just hate the breaks network shows like this take, really breaks their momentum.

Posted

Arrow takes a while in the first season to get good.  I think it's worth it if you like hero type stuff.  It does always have the CW vibe but it straddles the line and usually stays non-cheesy the best it can.  This season has been great though, so it's getting very better.  I just hate the breaks network shows like this take, really breaks their momentum.

That's why I might just wait until after season 3 to watch season 3. Just because marathon watching season 2 has made it SO much better. Having to wait for commercials last week killed me.

Posted

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

1 person likes this

Posted

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

I'd say at least let the first 8-12 episodes build up, and then plow through those. The first 5 episodes or so of each season so far haven't offered TOO much. It seems like the show knows, "OK, we have 20+ episodes. Let's make the first half JUST interesting/entertaining enough to keep them coming back. Set up the pieces for the second half of the season and the major arc of the season. Then, we'll double-down on the epic and sprinkle in a couple of filler episodes that focus on a minor character or two, but also put cameos of other characters in to make it feel like the episode was bigger than it was". 

I don't know that that is necessarily the goal, but that's what it feels like. Whatever, it works. I'm still watching.

Posted

This season has had very few filler episodes though.  Usually they have had a part in the larger story that is going on.  Season 1 though, yeah, it had fillers, but it was needed to build up Arrow's character and the fact he used to have no problems killing everyone.  

Posted

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

Posted

I watched it last week on Netflix when I was down with the stomach bug. The first few episodes really brought me in. It was fantastic.  I could see myself really liking the comic. However it started getting a little too much like Smallville, so formulaic.   I'm going to keep watching on Netflix from time to time to see how it goes.

Posted

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

Interesting