• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

#32 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

I'd say at least let the first 8-12 episodes build up, and then plow through those. The first 5 episodes or so of each season so far haven't offered TOO much. It seems like the show knows, "OK, we have 20+ episodes. Let's make the first half JUST interesting/entertaining enough to keep them coming back. Set up the pieces for the second half of the season and the major arc of the season. Then, we'll double-down on the epic and sprinkle in a couple of filler episodes that focus on a minor character or two, but also put cameos of other characters in to make it feel like the episode was bigger than it was". 

I don't know that that is necessarily the goal, but that's what it feels like. Whatever, it works. I'm still watching.

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

This season has had very few filler episodes though.  Usually they have had a part in the larger story that is going on.  Season 1 though, yeah, it had fillers, but it was needed to build up Arrow's character and the fact he used to have no problems killing everyone.  

#34 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,764 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I watched it last week on Netflix when I was down with the stomach bug. The first few episodes really brought me in. It was fantastic.  I could see myself really liking the comic. However it started getting a little too much like Smallville, so formulaic.   I'm going to keep watching on Netflix from time to time to see how it goes.

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

Interesting

#37 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,764 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

and then the drug menace vertigo....lol

#38 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

I thought the pilot was awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#39 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

My favorite episode so far this season has been "Heir to the demon". I'm hoping the league of assassins will play a bigger role next season. I tend to like the more action heavy episode's that get the entire team involved. sometimes Oliver's whole "must protect everyone by not letting them do anything " bit can get a little old. lol

#40 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

My favorite episode so far this season has been "Heir to the demon". I'm hoping the league of assassins will play a bigger role next season. I tend to like the more action heavy episode's that get the entire team involved. sometimes Oliver's whole "must protect everyone by not letting them do anything " bit can get a little old. lol

I'm thinking season 3 will be heavy on the League of Assassins. I think we may even get to see Ra's.

#41 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Spoiler

#42 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Might wanna put that in spoiler tags for those who are still on season 1....

#43 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

idk if it's true or not..just something I read online.

#44 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

I gotcha. It's just with the events at the end of season 1....and those who haven't seen season 2, the fact that you mention that name would be a spoiler.

I can believe it, with what we've seen in season 2 so far (regarding your potential spoiler). I expect that + Ra's being the main arc in season 3.

#45 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Captain Jack Harkness will return

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.