• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#25 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

not sure, It's not the acting or that it's on the CW. (I watched 8 of the 10 seasons of Smallville) I think it might be that I really don't like anybody on the show, actors or characters.

You watched eight seasons of Smallville?

Brave soul.

#26 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

You watched eight seasons of Smallville?

Brave soul.

I actually thought it was a good show. But I did get tired of Clark in HS, that's when I checked out for a couple of seasons.

#27 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I actually thought it was a good show. But I did get tired of Clark in HS, that's when I checked out for a couple of seasons.

It WAS a good show. However, whatever good was left disappeared after the third season.

#28 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

I have never been as sad to HAVE to hate a show as I did Smallville. Loved it at first....and around season 4 or 5....I just couldn't.

The breakup was hard, but it had to be done. I think we both benefited from it and grew because of it.

#29 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

I have watched the first 10 episodes of season 1 so far....really really bored.

Arrow takes a while in the first season to get good.  I think it's worth it if you like hero type stuff.  It does always have the CW vibe but it straddles the line and usually stays non-cheesy the best it can.  This season has been great though, so it's getting very better.  I just hate the breaks network shows like this take, really breaks their momentum.

#30 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Arrow takes a while in the first season to get good.  I think it's worth it if you like hero type stuff.  It does always have the CW vibe but it straddles the line and usually stays non-cheesy the best it can.  This season has been great though, so it's getting very better.  I just hate the breaks network shows like this take, really breaks their momentum.

That's why I might just wait until after season 3 to watch season 3. Just because marathon watching season 2 has made it SO much better. Having to wait for commercials last week killed me.

#31 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

• Cat PIE'd this

#32 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

The downside of having 20+ episode seasons is you get filler episodes or some uninteresting sub-plots. I could see how letting all the episodes build up would make for a better watching experience.

I'd say at least let the first 8-12 episodes build up, and then plow through those. The first 5 episodes or so of each season so far haven't offered TOO much. It seems like the show knows, "OK, we have 20+ episodes. Let's make the first half JUST interesting/entertaining enough to keep them coming back. Set up the pieces for the second half of the season and the major arc of the season. Then, we'll double-down on the epic and sprinkle in a couple of filler episodes that focus on a minor character or two, but also put cameos of other characters in to make it feel like the episode was bigger than it was". 

I don't know that that is necessarily the goal, but that's what it feels like. Whatever, it works. I'm still watching.

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

This season has had very few filler episodes though.  Usually they have had a part in the larger story that is going on.  Season 1 though, yeah, it had fillers, but it was needed to build up Arrow's character and the fact he used to have no problems killing everyone.  

#34 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I watched it last week on Netflix when I was down with the stomach bug. The first few episodes really brought me in. It was fantastic.  I could see myself really liking the comic. However it started getting a little too much like Smallville, so formulaic.   I'm going to keep watching on Netflix from time to time to see how it goes.

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

yeah, episode 11 from season 1 was the first really good episode, the first 10 felt like just enough to get a show on the air. 

Interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users