Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D. Newton: Rivera is right. We don't need a number 1 WR. / OK, OK...

115 posts in this topic

Posted

#1 receiver is as stupid and meaningless as "deep threat". You don't hire a #1 but somebody will become the leading receiver, which was a TE last season. Every receiver is a deep threat.

Posted

Did I say they were a good core?

And Megatron is #1 times 10. Teams have #1s that aren't superstars

Even then, I'd rather have 3 good, established, system WRs than one really good one. Spread the ball around

lol. ok.

2 people like this

Posted

#1 receiver is as stupid and meaningless as "deep threat". You don't hire a #1 but somebody will become the leading receiver, which was a TE last season. Every receiver is a deep threat.

I'll pose the same question to you. Would you rather have our WR corps than megatron? Or aj green?

Posted

So, you'd take McNutt, Cotchery, and underwood over megatron?

Don't think that's what he's saying and megatron will go down as one of the best ever. Like top 2 so that's a no brainer

Posted

Don't think that's what he's saying and megatron will go down as one of the best ever. Like top 2 so that's a no brainer

Above this post I put AJ Green, also.

Would you take our receiving corps over AJ Green? Since no one is actually answering the megatron question (besides you).

Posted

nod-of-approval.gif

I was waiting to see who would point that out.  Rivera's mouth was probably just outrunning his brain during that comment. It happens to the best of y'all.

168580-375-264.jpg

Posted

Above this post I put AJ Green, also.

Would you take our receiving corps over AJ Green? Since no one is actually answering the megatron question (besides you).

i don't think it's "our receiving corps" at least as it stands now. It's more like having two very solid #2's and a speedster over A.J. green and some scrubs.

I think what people are trying to say is that we can be more than effective with two solid #2's, a speedster and Olsen as our receiving core. And I agree.

No doubt i would love to have an A.J. Green or Brandon Marshall for Cam though. We just might find something like that in the draft, who knows.

Posted

I have seen this types of glaring weakness before with the panthers and have been told that its going to be ok and its almost never ok. 

2 people like this

Posted

A. Rogers doesn't have anything that I would consider number one.

But he does have a lot of quality receivers, when one goes down, others step up. Often guys that aren't household.names.

Posted

When the Patriots were winning their superbowls, they dide have a number one.

Neither did the Ravens.

Neither did Seattle.

Posted

No No No, we need 1 Guy......10 Catches :rr:

O. Ok...... :ss:

Wait...Did He Say?.... :cam2:

Buckle Up D, we all we got..... :lk:

HaHaHaHaHa, at least we get paid..... :dw:

Woooooooooooooooo.... :woo:

I'll Play Wr........ :jc:

5 people like this

Posted