Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Clowney scare you?

73 posts in this topic

Posted

No.

He will more than likely be am excellent player, but being scared?

Pfft. Crush everybody.

Posted

the one player i would absolutely hate to see in the NFCS is sammy watkins.

1 person likes this

Posted

Clowney is terrible defending the run and honestly has yet to face any NFL caliber OTs. So no I'm not affrade of him.

Posted

Clowney is terrible defending the run and honestly has yet to face any NFL caliber OTs. So no I'm not affrade of him.

Posted

Nope. He hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet. But that won't stop NFL Network from already calling him a Hall of Famer before he's even drafted. lol

Posted

He doesn't scare me as much as the Falcons getting a legitimate O-Line would.

1 person likes this

Posted

Clowney is the definition of overrated.  He will get abused in the NFL until he learns to keep his pad level down.  Dude stands straight up.

Posted

I think the guy as the physical attributes to be great.

B Bell at LT scares me  

1 person likes this

Posted

you would be crazy not to be.  I think his ceiling is higher than anyone I have ever seen, including Pep.  Now we need to find out if hes soft.

Posted

Nope.

What scares me most is that we are missing multiple positions on the O line, and I'm not convinced that we can fix both the line and the WR issues this season.

Posted

His stats last year are skewed most teams changed there whole systems to avoid Clowney the chance to hurt there qb.
It's funny that people refuse to acknowledge this. I'm 100% sure that all the league sources saying "3 sacks, he sucks, he's lazy" are just trying to smoke screen and game the system so he drops. Teams ran almost every play away from him and he was regularly getting blocked by 3 men. So even without doing anything he had an enormous impact on the game. Clowney is a monster and will not be a bust. Not sure how people can't see that. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted

It's funny that people refuse to acknowledge this. I'm 100% sure that all the league sources saying "3 sacks, he sucks, he's lazy" are just trying to smoke screen and game the system so he drops. Teams ran almost every play away from him and he was regularly getting blocked by 3 men. So even without doing anything he had an enormous impact on the game. Clowney is a monster and will not be a bust. Not sure how people can't see that. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You have no basis to claim that he will not be a bust as if it's a fact. That's just as ignorant as people claiming that he will bust for sure. The truth is no one knows yet. The question is if you are scared of him. Personally, I can't see him being nearly as good as he has been hyped up to be, but I still don't want him in the division in case he develops into a top DE.

Some guys under perform, and other guys over perform. That's how you get a Jerry Hughes in the 1st, and a Greg Hardy 140 picks later.