• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

I'm not Cam so that possibility doesnt scare me.  But I do think if he fell to them, that would be the best possible pick they can get, closely followed by the OT from TAM

#62 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

How many guys come in on the defensive line and light things up their first year??  Not many.  So he could be a problem down the road but this year not so much.

#63 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

Setting aside that the Panthers have no proven left tackle right now (position to be filled between now and September) does the prospect of facing Jadaveon Clowney - should he be drafted by the Falcons - twice a year scare you?

Is there another potential pick by the Falcons that scares you more?

Not this year....but 2 or 3 years after he develops watch out.

Doesn't mattter...he's going to Houston.

#64 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

How many guys come in on the defensive line and light things up their first year??  Not many.  So he could be a problem down the road but this year not so much.

he'll have some good moments, but he will probably be someone to have to game plan around even this year.  hopefully for our sake he doesnt end up in our division

#65 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

camescape.gif

they need the help

I remember being blown away by how talented Cam is on that play.  Unbelievable.  One of the most athletic plays by a qb I've ever seen.  Thank God we have him.

#66 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

Clowney in atl. definitely scares me. The kid is an absolute beast. I hate having to help out on players. It takes someone out of the play to help out.

If he does not scare you. You haven't seen him play. Or you have ice in your pockets.

#67 panthers222

panthers222

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

I saw alot of his games last year. He has crazy upside but he really lacks the consistency you would want in an elite pass rusher. Alot of times he would just disappear and there were quite a few games he wasn't that big of a factor. The media definitely has him overrated mainly based on the 40 time and other measurables. Go back and watch the film. He isn't as great as everyone made him out to be. 

#68 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,594 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I saw alot of his games last year. He has crazy upside but he really lacks the consistency you would want in an elite pass rusher. Alot of times he would just disappear and there were quite a few games he wasn't that big of a factor. The media definitely has him overrated mainly based on the 40 time and other measurables. Go back and watch the film. He isn't as great as everyone made him out to be. 

Take a closer look at how he was handled. Rarely was he ever 1on1 with a tackle. Teams would scheme to run away from him all game long, a better indication would be to compare his film from his sophomore season where he had another guy on the other side with some skill so he got more one on ones. But, that alone tells you what you need to know. Even when he's not personally handling an offense he's still in their minds something fierce forcing them to play a certain way to be successful.

#69 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Did facing peppers scare me? Nope

#70 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

If the Texans don't take him, I believe there is a 99% chance we move up to get him at #2.

You could be right, y'all stupid like that.

See Julio Jones.

#71 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Clowney better hope he goes to the texas, where he would be the side kick to JJ WATTS.

If he's the only good pass rusher a defense has, that would be cause for celebration.

#72 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Absolutely. Even scarier than Cam couldn't zip past him. That takes our a major offensive game for us. a 4.4 defensive end playing us twice a year is a terrible thought. I really hope Atlantas sketchy GM can't get him.

#73 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Nah man we've got Byron Bell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com