Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens reloading Flacco's arsenal this year.

70 posts in this topic

Posted

The Ravens have re-signed Dennis Pitta and Jacoby Jones, as well as signed Steve Smith and Owen Daniels.  These four with Torrey Smith are about as solid a receiving corps as I've seen.

Say what you want about Ozzie Newsome, but that's a man with vision.  As good a drafter as anyone in the league, don't be surprised to see Newsome being surrounded by confetti next February. 

Hopefully Gettleman will be on the podium relatively soon...

Posted

Don't worry, guize! Our front seven and RBs will get us to 16-0 easy peasy! We don't need a good WR corps. So say we all!

:derp:

4 people like this

Posted

We need a top flight WR in FA.  Like Mike Wallace.

derp

2 people like this

Posted

By the way, doesn't Ozzie Newsome realize that Steve Smith will just hinder his younger players leadership aspirations? What's up with that?

3 people like this

Posted

i'm reading a circle jerk right now...

hot

4 people like this

Posted

While The Ravens are reloading on offense, it's their defense that should get attention this off-season. That unit was average at best in pass rushing, tackling and in coverage (at all three levels).

Their offensive line isn't in good shape either.

Posted

i'm reading a circle jerk right now...

hot

Come closer. You know you want to.

3 people like this

Posted

It's just too bad that Flacco will no longer be able to be a leader now that Smith's there.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know what, Newsome's drafts have been slipping in talent/value. He has been living off his early success awhile now.

Yes they won a SB again, but have a look at some of his recent draft additions. He has had his fare share of busts/underperformers lately. Things start getting rocky around 2009.

1 person likes this

Posted

Owen Daniels could only get a 1 year deal, so he couldn't have had that much desire from teams around the league. Smitty is going to be 34 this year and will likely drop off in terms of production.

The Ravens won their Super Bowl with a VERY mediocre offense (23rd, 19th rushing). Joe Flacco's post season didn't hurt either. Don't expect an offense of past high-profile receivers to be top 5 from their past high-profile receivers. My hardcore Ravens roommate thinks their line is still shoddy - at best - so I doubt these guys really will help their wife-beating runningback much.