Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens reloading Flacco's arsenal this year.

70 posts in this topic

Posted

It's just too bad that Flacco will no longer be able to be a leader now that Smith's there.

these types of remarks make no sense

Smitty was the leader in the Panthers locker room.  He was the most talked about, interviewed, known, jersey sold, and fantasy-picked.

He was outspoken and a bit brazen.  He did not mince words and he did not pull any punches (literally).

No one was going to take that spot from him....ever.  That's not a knock, that is reality and a huge part of what makes him as successful as he was/is.  

He grew up here and we all played a huge role in creating that.

In a new place he will be humble and focused on earning respect from new fans as he he earned it here from all of us.

He will not walk in and immediately ascend to what he was here in Charlotte.

All the snarky comments about him hindering others are not even cute anymore.  They just make you look like a person who cannot process the probability for an alternate result despite understanding significant changes in the contributing factors (aka "stupid").

6 people like this

Posted

Not even close to the best overall receiving options in the league. Jones very mediocre as a receiver (poor mans Ginn), Daniels is washed up. Pitta coming off Full season of IR. Steve Smith slowing rapidly. Torey Smith overrated, more of a #2. Plus rice may end up inn jails and O-line is so so.

Weird, random post.

Posted

The Ravens have re-signed Dennis Pitta and Jacoby Jones, as well as signed Steve Smith and Owen Daniels. These four with Torrey Smith are about as solid a receiving corps as I've seen.

In which century is this as good a wr corps as you've seen?

1 person likes this

Posted

Olsen >> pitta

Crotchery = smith ( at this point, not historically)

Daniels + jones are dime a dozen

So you are saying all we have to do is draft a solid high end #2 in draft and we have "one of the best wr/te receiving groups in the league".....?

Posted

Maybe it's the third best set of receivers in the afc north.

Posted

lol don't worry guys we are going 16-0 with our stable of RBs and front 7 lol gettlemagic we don't need a wide receiver

i am a master of hilarious satire

Posted

While The Ravens are reloading on offense, it's their defense that should get attention this off-season. That unit was average at best in pass rushing, tackling and in coverage (at all three levels).

Their offensive line isn't in good shape either.

Nor is there QB position. They paid a game manager Brady money and its hurt there whole team. No matter how many weapons Flacco has he will still be average.

Posted

Why does it matter? They are the Ravens, not the Panthers. Don't really care what they do.

1 person likes this

Posted

In which century is this as good a wr corps as you've seen?

I used the word "solid" for a reason.  Say what you want, but these are vets with moxie. Not to mention that three of them already have a fairly recent championship. That makes them "dangerous".

Posted

*smh* Still some sore butt in here I see...

so, more than a circle jerk

I'm in!

Posted

Btw, for the guys still wanting a 2 TE set, Ed Dickson is still available.

Posted

Owen Daniels could only get a 1 year deal, so he couldn't have had that much desire from teams around the league. Smitty is going to be 34 this year and will likely drop off in terms of production.

The Ravens won their Super Bowl with a VERY mediocre offense (23rd, 19th rushing). Joe Flacco's post season didn't hurt either. Don't expect an offense of past high-profile receivers to be top 5 from their past high-profile receivers. My hardcore Ravens roommate thinks their line is still shoddy - at best - so I doubt these guys really will help their wife-beating runningback much.

Their defense was much improved last year and should be better again this year.  They only have one hole on the O-line either at G or T depending on where they play Osemele.  They had a lot of injuries and a scheme change kinda screwed their offense last year but they've got 7 legitimate targets in the passing game now and Rice back down to his previous playing weight.. they'll be fine.