Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black

Marqise Lee Visiting Panthers

137 posts in this topic

I'm just not sold on him. Call it the USC effect or the injury ( which he is not injury prone)that have me not really wanting him. I want a sure handed tall guy or guys for Cam, but the dilemma is that it not one to be deserving of the 28 spot

I hear ya on people not being sold on Lee. It's the same for me with Cooks...throw as many stats and vids as you want, but Cooks is my least favorite of the Big 7 WRs in the first round.

I am pretty sure that Jarrett and Lee have much more not in common than in common.

1.  DNA--different

2. Body styles---different

3. Intelligence---much different

4. Coaching Staff at USC---different

5. USC team uniform----same

but what if Lee is drafted by the Panthers and takes number 80? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

2 people like this

Isn't that the huddle way.

Touche
1 person likes this

Those WR stats have a lot to do with QB play and playcalling. If you're too simple minded to see that IDK what to say....

I was with you until you called me simple minded. You made a decent valid point. Then threw it all away.

I am not a big Lee fan. But if you can live with him dropping 1 out of every 8 passes...

I was with you until you called me simple minded. You made a decent valid point. Then threw it all away.

I am not a big Lee fan. But if you can live with him dropping 1 out of every 8 passes...

Because he can't possible improve his drop rate. He peaked in college.

Huddle meltdown when New Orleans takes him at #27.

My first-round WR List (for those of you who really, really care):

1. Sammy Watkins

2. Mike Evans

3. Brandin Cooks

4. Odell Beckham

5. Marqis Lee

Second Round WR List (That is a strong group)

6. Jordan Matthews

7. Kelvin Benjamin

8. Allen Robinson

9. Davante Adams

10. Donte Moncrief

11. Jarvis Landry

Third Round WR List (looks to be a loaded round for speed WRs):

12. Martavious Bryant

13. Cody Latimer

14. Paul Richardson

15. Bruce Ellington

16. Jared Abbrederis

Early 4th

17. Dri Archer (4.28 speed)

18. Robert Herron

Considering our needs, we need a WR in the first or second round--the third round is for complimentary WRs-

I feel better for sharing

Because he can't possible improve his drop rate. He peaked in college.

He probably peaked in High School. You either have the hands or you don't. Some of it may be concentration, which is still a red flag. Some of it may be QB play, or even to some extent injury. I just think that drops are a major concern.

To me, dropping 1 out of every 8 passes. Not good. It is the same reason I would steer clear of Benjamin. Drops are killers. I just prefer they happen to my opposition. Not to my WRs.

Especially, in Lee's case, when they happen so close to the line of scrimmage. That concerns me no end.

Yep a dude who didn't play WR till his Senior year of high school peaked at catching the football. For fugs sake at least know what you're talking about....

1 person likes this