251 replies to this topic

#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

If the owner of one of the companies I have a contract with openly opposes Interracial marriage & donates money to groups that are seeking to ban it should I have to keep working with them?

No one should access the 52% who were for Prop 8 for punishment any more than the 48% should be sought out for punishment.  Maybe if Dems lose the next election, you'd be okay with anyone who sent money to them having their business shut down?

Thought police are dangerous.

Again, he and Obama said the same things in 2008.

Many thoughtful gay/lesbian advocates have come out strong against this, by the way. 

#62 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,827 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

You can't defend one person using his 1st amendment rights but get upset when others use their's to denounce what that person said, and him having to take responsibility for it.

Pubs always talk about personal responsibility but never hold themselves to the same standard. It is always someone else, it is never them.

It is stupid uninformed sheep

It is the taker's fault

It is the Dem's buying voting blocks.

It is the mainstream media's fault

It is liberal acedemia indoctrinating young people

It is the PC police

It is the feminazis fault

It is the party that preaches personal responsibility but whenever they lose a national election never stop and say "maybe our policies are outdated and tone deaf".

Instead they scheme to invent new ways to skew elections, blame everyone else for it, and then preach about the virtues of personal responsibility.

Okay, off my soap box. Time to go to the Lovely Ladies sub forum and let the boobs calm me down

;)

#63 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Thought police are dangerous but corporate executive white fence 'merica chucklefugs trying help legislate denial of rights definitely aren't.

What are they putting in the water in Appalachia?

#64 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

No, and that's the beauty of America. However, trying to shame/shut up/crush dissenting views is not very American, yet is something activist's and a majority of the Left do all the time. Agree to disagree, and if you have the power to change something because of your personal belief system then by all means do what salves your conscious.

Do I have to keep quiet about why I left? Also, if other performers decide that they don't want to be involved with that company because of the owners views can they leave? What about the fans? Do they have to keep spending their money there if they find the views wrong?

Do you see stripping gays of their rights as "agreeing to disagree"?

#65 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

You can't defend one person using his 1st amendment rights but get upset when others use their's to denounce what that person said, and him having to take responsibility for it.

Pubs always talk about personal responsibility but never hold themselves to the same standard. It is always someone else, it is never them.

It is stupid uninformed sheep

It is the taker's fault

It is the Dem's buying voting blocks.

It is the mainstream media's fault

It is liberal acedemia indoctrinating young people

It is the PC police

It is the feminazis fault

It is the party that preaches personal responsibility but whenever they lose a national election never stop and say "maybe are policies our outdated and tone deaf".

Instead they scheme to invent new ways to skew elections, blame everyone else for it, and then preach about the virtues of personal responsibility.

Okay, off my soap box. Time to go to the Lovely Lady sub forum and let the boobs calm me down

;)

Well said and now I will flash you tiddites..

( . )( . )
\ /

#66 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

No one should access the 52% who were for Prop 8 for punishment any more than the 48% should be sought out for punishment.  Maybe if Dems lose the next election, you'd be okay with anyone who sent money to them having their business shut down?

Many thoughtful gay/lesbian advocates have come out strong against this, by the way. 

Yes. If enough Republicans got together to boycott the company I'd be ok with it. If the Dems win & it still happens I'll be ok with that too. How else are people supposed to take on the rich & powerful? Also, Do you think conservatives dont do boycotts?

Yes, I know Obama said the same thing in 2008. To my knowledge though they didn't do the same thing. Also Obama recanted.

Many thoughtful gay/lesbian advocates have come out strong in support of this also.

#67 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Okay, here's the deal.

This is a very dangerous precedent.  If I donate my own money to a cause or even an candidate, should I lose my job?  If there is any cause or candidate, it automatically means that there is another candidate running and another side to every cause.

Should we has a society, be so short sighted to say, "if you don't agree with me, I will punish you and your livelihood"?  If this is the gay and lesbian way, then what makes them any better than the redneck?  Maybe I sent money to Barack Obama for his campaign, which means I agree with most of his policies.  if another side wins the election, should I lose my job or business.

Most of you guys, I could give a rip about your knee jerk short sighted opinions, but a couple, who are generally on the other side, disappoint me.

If MLK wanted revenge rather than equality, I do not think he would have made near the impact that he did.  If the gay/lesbian community are fixed on revenge rather than equality, then I think their cause will suffer.  I would not respect putting one asshats vengefull intents over another.

This is more bent on facism than anything I would count as just.

How does this in any way set a precedent?  Public figures do stupid poo and the public boycott their products all the fuging time, and guess what happens? They get fired or resign.  Not remotely unprecedented.  Hell, maybe he should have doubled down on his bigotry like the Chik-fil-a guy and encouraged the anti-gay crowd to download firefox.

This is how the free market works.  If you are a representative of a company and you offend a lot of people, thats bad for business.  Money talks, and thats why this guy is gone. 

And you compare this to facism?  Not even close

#68 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

No I'm pretty sure the "thought police" would be the government coming out and say "hey guys you cant boycott this product just because you disagree with this guy"

#69 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

So who are the anti thought police?

#70 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Do I have to keep quiet about why I left? Also, if other performers decide that they don't want to be involved with that company because of the owners views can they leave? What about the fans? Do they have to keep spending their money there if they find the views wrong?

Do you see stripping gays of their rights as "agreeing to disagree"?

The answer to your whole first paragraph is a simple no, welcome to the good ole USA freedom of choice. What rights have been stripped you speak of?

#71 332nd

332nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

The answer to your whole first paragraph is a simple no, welcome to the good ole USA freedom of choice. What rights have been stripped you speak of?

& am I free from the consequences choices?

The right to marry whom they want.

#72 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Marriage is a not a right, it is a privilege. Driving is a privilege, not a right etc. People should know the difference between rights and privileges.

#73 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Marriage is a not a right, it is a privilege. Driving is a privilege, not a right etc. People should know the difference between rights and privileges.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival...

Chief Justice Earl Warren.

#74 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Okay, here's the deal.

This is a very dangerous precedent.  If I donate my own money to a cause or even an candidate, should I lose my job?  If there is any cause or candidate, it automatically means that there is another candidate running and another side to every cause.

Should we has a society, be so short sighted to say, "if you don't agree with me, I will punish you and your livelihood"?  If this is the gay and lesbian way, then what makes them any better than the redneck?  Maybe I sent money to Barack Obama for his campaign, which means I agree with most of his policies.  if another side wins the election, should I lose my job or business.

Most of you guys, I could give a rip about your knee jerk short sighted opinions, but a couple, who are generally on the other side, disappoint me.

If MLK wanted revenge rather than equality, I do not think he would have made near the impact that he did.  If the gay/lesbian community are fixed on revenge rather than equality, then I think their cause will suffer.  I would not respect putting one asshats vengefull intents over another.

This is more bent on facism than anything I would count as just.

Easy answer, yes.  If you're the face of a multi-million dollar corporation and your actions hurt that company then you bet your ass you should be canned.  That's all there is to be said about it.  

#75 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Personal responsibility: Only for poor people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.