Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Ricky Proehl and Don Gregory having dinner with WR Lattimer

After the first 3 or 4 players there is a big group of players that are ranked pretty closely and could be higher on one teams boards then others. Latimer is one of those. He very well could last to the 3rd because the WR depth is incredible in this draft but you can't count on it. I think we will see a lot of surprises with th WR off the board as teams evaluate them differently and rank differently.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Big difference between saying he might not last till the third and we have to pick him in the first. Latimer in the first would clearly be a reach. That said I'm not from the full bpa school so not saying I would have the biggest problem with it. There are probably 6-7 OT I'd draft before him, plus 4-5 cb, 2-3 S, 7-8 wr at least. Etc etc.

Yeah, I can't see him going in the first. Not over guys like OBJ/Matthews/Benjamin/etc. I think he might be gone by our pick at the end of the third round, but I wouldn't take him before then.

Since when is latimer considered a guy "likely" to go in the first or early second? I've read probably hundreds of mock drafts and done at least 50 myself. I don't remember ever seeing him go before out second pick. I like him as much as the next guy but to say he (almost definitely) won't be there by our second pick is silly and uninformed. There will be better value available in the first. This board goes through the same rigamoral every few weeks about its latest favorite draftee. Until this dinner meeting it was widely assumed that he would be a 3rd round target. I can tell you that he is being projected to go later than that, though sounds like a riser so I doubt he would drop much more than that. I don't think id be angry with him in the first but geez.

dohhh!

as long as his foot checks out for teams at individual workouts, he could surprise as a late first-round pick."

He will need to prove that his foot has healed, but his combination of size, speed, soft hands and good route-running could make him hard to pass up for a team like the Carolina Panthers, which lost Ted Ginn, Jr., Brandon LaFell and Steve Smith, or for the New England Patriots late in the first round.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2009666-2014-nfl-draft-5-most-likely-day-2-prospects-to-sneak-into-round-1

Big difference between saying he might not last till the third and we have to pick him in the first. Latimer in the first would clearly be a reach. That said I'm not from the full bpa school so not saying I would have the biggest problem with it. There are probably 6-7 OT I'd draft before him, plus 4-5 cb, 2-3 S, 7-8 wr at least. Etc etc.

I think he goes middle 2nd hence the reason I said if we want him we'll have to get him in the 1st. If he's there for our 2nd he would be a steal at that point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

With all the attention he is getting do you think he will be there for us in the 3rd?

Well I think he could very well be a 2nd rounder in May. But, again this is a deep, deep class at wr. There's a lot of wrs that if you just go off projections, are supposed to go before Latimore. Still, this is the NFL Draft and usually some players like Latimore himself will go higher.

The thing is, it's good for us either way. If Latimore is there in the late 3rd, we take him. If not, that means someone else will be there.

Expect Latimer to also hold a workout for other teams after fully healed form a foot injury. The large target has a strong chance to be selected in the top-40.

The Panthers will have dinner with Indiana WR Cody Latimer on April 8 and put him through classroom exercises the following day, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Brandt previously reported the Panthers will host Latimer for a visit on April 24, so this is a considerable amount of interest. With that said, numerous teams go through these kinds of activities with a number of prospects each year, but many are unreported. Receivers coach Ricky Proehl and director of college scouting Don Gregory will be the contingent that visits Latimer.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

smokescreen?

Love him to death 2nd or 3rd round plz .. This is a deep draft y'all not all these guys going in the 1st

This kid is really, really good.

CBS listed his weaknesses as break away speed and his route running.

I'll give them the route running point since a lot of the routes he runs are just jets (he did throw in a few stunts on those routes though) but I disagree with him not having breakaway speed; I didn't see him get caught once from behind in his highlight tape.

So what we have here is a WR whose only known weakness is route running and our WR coach is known as one of the best pure route runners in NFL history... match made in heaven.

Latimer ranks as the #1 player I want in this draft. I don't think there is any chance this guy is still there when we are picking in the 2nd round. I would 100% support the 28th pick for him.