• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#166 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Latimer just go invited to the draft on thursday night.

#167 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Rob Rang released his newest mock for CBS Sports today:

Latimer to Rams in 5th pick of 2nd R: "Ranking behind only Savage as the hottest prospect in the draft, Latimer would give the Rams a prototypical No. 1 target to complement the investment made a year ago in speedy (but undersized) Tavon Austin."

He had Panthers getting Moses in 1st and Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd: "Due to the extraordinary depth at the position, the Panthers can wait until the second round and find a receiver with first round tools."

#168 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Don Banks released his newest mock for Sports Illustrated today

Latimer went #30 to 49ers: "Latimer is a name on the rise and there are teams in the lower-third of the first round said to be enamored with his blend of size, speed and ability to consistently find the seams in a defense"

Panthers took Moses

#169 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

cody is a rocket, theres stuff out now he may go in the teens. hype train too strong. 

#170 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Cody is loved by the Ravens, Aaron Wilson has been talking about him since the pro day. has said numerous times that the ravens love him.

but he was visting with the panthers today, tweeted his outfit.

Cody Latimer @CodyLatimer3 9h

Time for panthers visit #nfldraft http://instagram.com/p/nGIf9EKRWM/

#171 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Draft can't get here quick enough, can't wait to see who we get

#172 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Gotta think they like him enough to use a first on him if they truly believe in him this much. All the visit, workout, dinner with proehl

#173 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Possible NFL draftee= a whole lot of free meals

#174 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Mel Kiper's latest mock has Latimer going #27 to Aints

"Analysis : No player has risen faster on my board recently, and I’m not alone. I’ll give McShay credit — he was raving about Latimer after he got to take a closer look at Indiana tape. Latimer...has always looked good in the size/speed equation, it’s just that a closer look shows you a player who was extremely reliable as a pass-catcher. The Saints need depth at wide receiver after losing one of Drew Brees’ favorite targets in Lance Moore, not to mention the departure of Darren Sproles in a pass-catching sense."

another writer:
"The Saints need help at receiver, and Latimer is the type of big-bodied, smart route-runner that Drew Brees loves."

#175 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Mel Kiper's latest mock has Latimer going #27 to Aints

"Analysis : No player has risen faster on my board recently, and I’m not alone. I’ll give McShay credit — he was raving about Latimer after he got to take a closer look at Indiana tape. Latimer...has always looked good in the size/speed equation, it’s just that a closer look shows you a player who was extremely reliable as a pass-catcher. The Saints need depth at wide receiver after losing one of Drew Brees’ favorite targets in Lance Moore, not to mention the departure of Darren Sproles in a pass-catching sense."

another writer:
"The Saints need help at receiver, and Latimer is the type of big-bodied, smart route-runner that Drew Brees loves."

#176 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

I would really hate if he went at #27, that would be two straight years the saints took the WR I wanted.( huge Stills fan)

#177 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,590 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

To be honest I am pretty much already warmed up to him at 28. With that size and speed he has true #1 potential and I love his blocking ability and physicality. Soft hands too. If the Saints jumped on him one pick ahead of us I would be disappointed. If he is really our guy, and Proehl and Gettleman both see that #1 potential, I wouldn't have a problem trading up just a couple picks to snag him in front of the Saints just to be sure. If he is your guy and gets within a couple picks of our selection, you do what you have to do to secure him and don't risk him going to a division rival with an already potent offense. He also was 1 of 30 players invited to attend the NFL Draft...so certainly it is a real possibility he lands somewhere in the first now. Some WR needy teams in the first have met with him and worked him out privately. 

I feel much more comfortable taking a tackle like Fleming in the second who will play RT than Moses who likely ends up at RT in the long-run. 

#178 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I 100% men's warehouse style guarantee that if one of you tweets something mentioning Cody Latimer's name @CodyLatimerAunt will fave it in no less than 2 minutes.

#179 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

Not really a comparison because Luke was always seen as a 1st rounder top 10-25 pick. Cody has always been a mid round guy.(3rd to 4th range)

Only 1 game(sample size) and I know most of the snaps we went up against Dennard, but he didn't really stand out as a 1st rounder to me. I like his size, caught the ball really well and his blocking was phenomenal but didn't really have that burst off the line that you'd want with a high pick WR.

This basically sums up a dream WR for this offense. Off the chart speed is just a bonus, not a prerequisite.

#180 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Some here think Cody has always been an early day 3 pick.  This illustrates how you swallow the conjecture of the media that spends 3 months guessing who is going where.  Lattimer had a bad situation at Indiana, but there is some tape on him that is impressive.  He had a foot injury and did not go to the combine.  So, even into March, nobody had heard of him.  Then came his pro day, something that sent coaches to his film.  Now it is coming out that he is a first round WR.  So if you are stuck in the "he is a mid rounder" mode, I suggest that you adjust your dial and put him in the top 10 WRs in the draft category--maybe top 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com