Ricky Proehl and Don Gregory having dinner with WR Lattimer

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#181 nagai

nagai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

Some here think Cody has always been an early day 3 pick.  This illustrates how you swallow the conjecture of the media that spends 3 months guessing who is going where.  Lattimer had a bad situation at Indiana, but there is some tape on him that is impressive.  He had a foot injury and did not go to the combine.  So, even into March, nobody had heard of him.  Then came his pro day, something that sent coaches to his film.  Now it is coming out that he is a first round WR.  So if you are stuck in the "he is a mid rounder" mode, I suggest that you adjust your dial and put him in the top 10 WRs in the draft category--maybe top 5.

I think top 5 may be pushing it. But yes, people need to understand how the draft process works and stay flexible.

#182 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

I think top 5 may be pushing it. But yes, people need to understand how the draft process works and stay flexible.

He's now up there with cooks and OBJ at the top of the 2nd group of Wr's so easily top 5 in this draft class based on current rankings and projections. Most likely goes in the first round.

#183 MtnJax

MtnJax

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

If Proehl says he should be our guy, then get him. I would trust his opinion over others

#184 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I think he's definitely a top 6 WR on most boards now, just matters which teams fall in love with what prospect.

Watkins, Evans, OBJ, Cooks, Lee, and Latimer.

I'd be fine if we landed any of those 6 WRs in the 1st. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all off the board by the time the Panthers pick, though, unfortunately.

#185 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I could see us drafting him but I really wouldn't want to draft him until round three but his draft stock keeps rising so much that he could be a first round pick. I would hate us drafting him at #28 but I would be ok with a 2nd round pick. After reading his profile from NFL.com I believe our staff really likes this guy because he fits our system.

STRENGTHS

Very good size. Shows a jab step to get into routes cleanly and is equipped to combat the jam. Can use his frame and physicality to create separation on slants and "post-up" throws (strength was evidenced by bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times at the combine, leading all receivers and besting some linemen). Nice catch radius -- extends to snag throws off his body. Soft, dependable hands. Nice strength after the catch. Good blocker -- subdues cornerbacks, shields, stalks and sustains. Improved steadily over three years as a starter.

#186 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

sign me up for him or KB

I agree with a draft season Panthro post what is happening to me.

#187 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Playing for the Tie

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

The more tape I watch on him the more I realize he'll be a late 1st early 2nd round draft pick.

-Runs crisp routes

-Solid hands

-Great blocking

-Size

-Beats press corners

-Possesses adequate if not deceiving speed 

The best tape to watch of him is the Michigan State game where he goes up against one of the best defenses in the NCAA. My favorite play is when he battles against Darqueze Dennard and wins on a jump ball in the endzone. He not only beat the press, but completely boxed out the guy most consider the best press CB in the draft. He also did all this with a steaming pile of poo QB who couldn't place a ball but 1 in 5 throws. It seems like every game he was the go to guy that they should have fed the ball to twice as much. The only knock he really has is he played on an average offense that liked to use bubble screens to combat their lack of skill on the offensive line.

I actually think if OBJ and Cooks are gone by #28 and we don't go OT, the pick will be Latimer.

#188 Pazhoosier89

Pazhoosier89

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

The more tape I watch on him the more I realize he'll be a late 1st early 2nd round draft pick.

-Runs crisp routes
-Solid hands
-Great blocking
-Size
-Beats press corners

The best tape to watch of him is the Michigan State game where he goes up against one of the best defenses in the NCAA. My favorite play is when he battles against Darqueze Dennard and wins on a jump ball in the endzone. He not only beat the press, but completely boxed out the guy most consider the best press CB in the draft. He also did all this with a steaming pile of poo QB who couldn't place a ball but 1 in 5 throws. It seems like every game he was the go to guy that they should have fed the ball to twice as much. The only knock he really has is he played on an average offense that liked to use bubble screens to combat their lack of skill on the offensive line.

I actually think if OBJ and Cooks are gone by #28 and we don't go OT, the pick will be Latimer.

LOL. Sudfeld the QB throwing the ball to him is one of the best in the Big Ten.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#189 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Playing for the Tie

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

LOL. Sudfeld the QB throwing the ball to him is one of the best in the Big Ten.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Really? Sudfeld played with happy feet constantly and lived off bubble screens. I liked Tre Robertson much better.

#190 Mr. Gettleman

Mr. Gettleman

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
  • LocationBOA Film Room
ROOKIE

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

-Runs crisp routes

-Solid hands

-Great blocking

-Size

-Beats press corners

Dont spoil our entire master plan Ron. I have engineered numerous smokescreens to initiate phase dominate draft.

#191 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

The best tape to watch of him is the Michigan State game where he goes up against one of the best defenses in the NCAA. My favorite play is when he battles against Darqueze Dennard and wins on a jump ball in the endzone. He not only beat the press, but completely boxed out the guy most consider the best press CB in the draft.

that is a NFL play.

Attached Files

#192 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

So apparently he was invited and attending the NFL Draft. Something we don't know? Talk about a rise up the draft boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users