231 replies to this topic

#151 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

It seems the only pushback on drafting Latimer is bc it messes up one's previous mock draft they posted lol.. Or they never heard of him and he did not get the hype till just now.

Understood as I was hoping we would get him in the third or fourth but like a Stephon Gilmore in the draft two seasons ago...the more tape watched...size/speed/ability is broke down the more that player looks like an elite player in the draft.

Latimer looks the part of a number one more than a Cooks(slot), Odell B jr(slot), K Benj(raw and possibly too big to be no.1), Marquse Lee(run blocking).

I would be happy with any of the above players but the more you see Latimer..the more you hear scouts break him down..the more he seems like a no brainer WR in the first.

#152 JerrichoScores

JerrichoScores

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'm a huge Cody Latimer fan.  I won't complain no matter where we take him, but, in the first round, I can see them going OL if a guy they like is there.

#153 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Chargers blogger:

"Is Cody Latimer this years Keenan Allen?
One of, if not the most important thing a receiver has to be able to do is make contested catches at the next level. That's what separates Keenan Allen to most rookies, and why it's easy to see why Latimer will be successful. Latimer has very strong hands, and does a good job of catching the ball away from his body. I saw one drop in 7 games, and that was in the rain.
He has great body control, and does a good job of high pointing the ball, and not only coming down with it, but coming down with it in bounds. He makes spectacular catches look routine....he plucks the ball away from his frame, has strong hands and adjusts to the ball. He can win the 50/50 ball, and has enough speed to stretch the field. ... Latimer appears to have the talent to develop into a special player. Latimer reminds me of Brandon Marshall + Keenan Allen."

#154 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Sigmund Bloom of Football Guys on Latimer:

"maybe a top 5 WR in this class, no joke"

#155 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

writer at NFLMocks.com:

"When I asked NFL analyst Matt Miller if Cody Latimer could go in the first round he said of Latimer, 'definitely.' This is a big receiver with speed, agility, and huge upside that is almost guaranteed not to slip out of the top 32 picks in a couple of weeks."

#156 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

The Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson:

“Hearing Ravens' interest growing in Indiana WR Cody Latimer with buzz surrounding him as a rising draft prospect”

#157 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Matthew Fairburn' NFL Draft Editor at SB Nation:

"Cody Latimer is the type of big, fast wide receiver that Cam Newton hasn't gotten a chance to work with yet in his career. It's long overdue."

#158 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Matthew Fairburn' NFL Draft Editor at SB Nation:

"Cody Latimer is the type of big, fast wide receiver that Cam Newton hasn't gotten a chance to work with yet in his career. It's long overdue."

Maaan i dont need to hear ANYTHING ELSE.

#159 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

The Packers (who pick at #21) reportedly have Indiana WR Cody Latimer as the No. 4 receiver on their draft board behind Watkins, Evans and Beckham.

#160 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

USA Today's Brent Sobleski just released his latest mock with Cody Latimer going #32 to the Seahawks. Had the Panthers going with Marqise Lee at #28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users