130 replies to this topic

#106 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

since all that poo I typed earlier was ignored. I will summate it here.

point 1. Less than 1/3 of players on a NCAA D1 Football team are even eligible for scholarships. so the vast majority of players are not on scholarship.

point 2. ALL players on the team contribute to the generating of millions in revenue

point 3. less than 1 percent will make the pros

point 4. scholarships do not cover all expenses, and account for a small amount of actual college cost.

point 5 https://www.naceweb....lary-rises.aspx actual starting salary of a bachelors degree is about 44,000 dollars.  Far fewer than the divisiable amount of earnings each player generates by simply being on the roster.

#107 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

fun fact: if you listen closely, you can hear the faint sound of pstall shouting "get over it, it's not like you're getting nothing, scrip is something, sometimes hard work and sacrifice pay off"

#108 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

instead you're living the luxurious life of an event planner

Add a few more titles in there and you will get close.

How much student debt does a player who stays four years and goes pro have? It must suck to make millions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#109 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

fun fact: if you listen closely, you can hear the faint sound of pstall shouting "get over it, it's not like you're getting nothing, scrip is something, sometimes hard work and sacrifice pay off"

That faint voice you hear is your conscience asking when you are going to go on a date with a human.

#110 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Add a few more titles in there and you will get close.

How much student debt does a player who stays four years and goes pro have? It must suck to make millions.

yes the player who stays four years and goes pro is the perfect representation of the typical football and basketball player

#111 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

That faint voice you hear is your conscience asking when you are going to go on a date with a human.

dont talk about your dad like that

#112 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Of course its not.
Its on top of the risk reward comment.
Ideally every kid can stay four years but thats not reality.
You willing to pay much more in tuition?

#113 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

dont talk about your dad like that

Shuttles. You are getting close to really messing up.
If you cant handle a message board go log off from the library and get some warm milk.

#114 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Of course its not.
Its on top of the risk reward comment.
Ideally every kid can stay four years but thats not reality.
You willing to pay much more in tuition?

what does any of this have to do with non football and non basketball players profiting immensely off of the work that the football and basketball players put in on a daily basis with literally no monetary compensation?

#115 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Shuttles. You are getting close to really messing up.
If you cant handle a message board go log off from the library and get some warm milk.

oh no what are you going to do plan an event where everyone lobs incoherent insults at me

#116 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,405 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

oh no what are you going to do plan an event where everyone lobs incoherent insults at me

You have a masters of incoherent drivel.
Lol.
You are such a pathetic man. I pity you. I really do.
Continue on worm. Im here all night.

#117 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

yes let's continue to make this about me and less about the exploitation of young adults because tbh the latter isn't working out too well for you and i mean the former won't either but at least you have a puncher's chance

#118 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

We enter a dark field lit brightly overhead..a light drizzle falls...camera zooms on a tired football player drained from a hard practice.

He looks into the camera and says " I hate it when I play a sport and get my school payed for..I deserve royalties and a percentage of playing this revenue generating sport...I hate that I will only be worshipped on campus and get special favors to get my work done and maintain my grades as I have to focus mostly in sports..and not get payed what I deserve!!....Fade to black...

Sudden view of a harsh desert landscape....camera slowly zooms upon a woman sitting in front of a modest house...with only her eyes exposed..head dress covering her hair..." I wish I would not get killed or have acid thrown on my face for wanting to learn to read..or wanting to go to school....Fades to black

Cut to- Previous football player is at a loud campus party making out with two girls and binge drinking...laughter ensues and he screams "I Love MY Liiiife!!" hops into his new Corvette with his new company packing into the car and speeds off.

Cut to- previous unkown female..still sitting in front of her house...silence...dust kicks up..

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!!

Seriously I knew a football player at Gardner Webb who always payed for everything when going out to dinner, movie with his girlfriend and myself and my girfriend. I asked why he always insists on paying and he told me about how he gets payed to maintain grounds..gets like 500 a week(back in 98-99, which is equal to 2,200 dollars in 2014 money*) along with 15-20 other guys on the team.... AT GARDNER-WEBB!! Said he spent about a hour a month doing any work

Revenue sport athletes are doing ok.

" Exploitation" is a reach to describe the medium which can give these athletes the access to fufill either an education or path to professional sports,coaching, TV, Radio.

* accurate dollar amount

#119 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

I am not for schools or NCAA paying them directly.

But I think they should remove all the agent restrictions and allow them to take money from agents as well as let player make money off of their name and likeness.

That way the players who are actually generating all that revenue get paid, it makes the rulebook smaller, and NCAA can maintain that players are amateurs.

#120 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I am not for schools or NCAA paying them out of pocket.

But I think they should remove all the agent restrictions and allow them to take money from agents as well as let player make money off of their name and likeness.

That way the players who are actually generating all that revenue get paid, it makes the rulebook smaller, and NCAA can maintain that players are amateurs.

Students should also be able to declare..and come back if not drafted.

They do need more rights like insurance for on field/court injuries, limited time on practice field etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com