Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black

Jason Avant Visiting Panthers Monday

229 posts in this topic

just fyi i don't give a fug what none of ya'll think

i will respond to every single one of your posts and stay on this board all day and night posting the same thing over and over again though

5 people like this

Look at the prospects we've met with.

That's why I'm not hitting the panic button because they seem to be following the scenario. Where Gettelmen knew this draft would be deep in WR so we could afford to let the other guys go.

I agree and this draft is a gift for teams who need these things.

Like I said I understand the plan if Gettelmen saw how deep this draft was at WR. And saw it as a opportunity to get younger and more talent at that position.

I see the blueprint for getting a wr corp ..........the LT position is not as easy. I also see the RT position being pretty deep but I cannot see our LT on the roster .........hope I am wrong.

The plan is too get young and sign cheap veterans obviously. If we don't drift any receivers than I will bitch too.

These same posters were bitching about moving on from out group last year and guess what that's what we are doing

2 people like this

I see the blueprint for getting a wr corp ..........the LT position is not as easy. I also see the RT position being pretty deep but I cannot see our LT on the roster .........hope I am wrong.

The LT is in the roster....Rivera and Gettleman preach about competition, IMO one of the guys from the draft is going to emerge as a starter by pre-season.

The LT is in the roster....Rivera and Gettleman preach about competition, IMO one of the guys from the draft is going to emerge as a starter by pre-season.

I think it's Chandler.

I am all for overloading the wr position for TC and see who pans out.

1 person likes this

I am all for overloading the wr position for TC and see who pans out.

Panning out in TC doesn't necessarily mean panning out in meaningful football. Kenny Moore?

do want.

he's as solid a possession receiver as you will find. dude catches everything and he's tough. he's not flashy and he isnt a TD machine, but he's reliable and a good target for cam.

we aren't going to find a #1 in FA, but we probably will in the draft. there's not a lot that's had me feeling good about this offseason so far, but if we sign avant i think we'll be on the way to having cam better and more reliable targets than last year.

This is the key.  Reliability is very important the way our offense is structured.  We need guys to always make the 5-8 yard catch.  Cam needs someone that will catch more than he needs a stone-handed LaFell who is a little faster.

1 person likes this

I think it's Chandler.

That really scares me. Might as well just bring in another TE and let Can run for his life.