Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 NFL Draft: Why Offensive Linemen Are Valued Highly

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cyrus and cross our fingers? I'm thinking that may just be the play.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hope they don't have a play yet and it will be determined by how the draft unfolds.

Posted · Report post

Considering the Panthers have actually signed some FA WRs...I think it's pretty likely they will go OL a few times in the draft, possibly in the first round.  I hope they get some solid contributors because Cam needs a better OL if this team will compete for a playoff spot.

Posted · Report post

Good post. I watched the a&m and lsu video. I don't watch college football, but johnny looked like shit. Pickles looked good at norte dame too. Sorry for going off topic.

Posted · Report post

I am not usually a fan of Bleacher Report but at least some of this article references Ted Sundquist( former Denver GM) and he makes some good points as it relates to the drafting of an OL.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2019051-2014-nfl-draft-why-offensive-linemen-are-valued-high

Cyrus Kouandjio seems to be the sleeper LT for us to grab. 

Posted · Report post

Gettleman doesn't seem like a "pick a player and cross your fingers" type of guy. He seems very deliberate with his approach. We're gonna draft you, and you're gonna play.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Gettleman doesn't seem like a "pick a player and cross your fingers" type of guy. He seems very deliberate with his approach. We're gonna draft you, and you're gonna play.

True, but any player has risk at 28. Cross fingers that Cyrus gives top 5 overall value, which is possible but far from a sure thing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

we saw last year in almost unexpected fashion how teams are valuing linemen

Posted · Report post

Have the Panthers shown any specific interest in him. Has he had a visit?

Posted · Report post

I believe it will come down to the evaluation of Cyrus versus what they feel Chandler or Bell can do.at LT. Cyrus is an enigma in my opinion. I am sure they will do their homework. 

Posted · Report post

I think no matter who they draft at 28 (unless Lewan or Martin fall to us). Bell will be the starting LT. I think they are preparing for that endeavor regardless.