Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Panthers Sign Avant to 1 Year Deal

@Panthers: The #Panthers have signed WR Jason Avant to a one-year contract.

READ: http://t.co/U01cYbo95R http://t.co/

"We are happy to have Jason with the Panthers," head coach Ron Rivera said. "He provides a versatile player at receiver and brings good size as well as experience to the position."

panthers90    545

Add a 2nd round wr and that's a pretty solid group.

Sent from my XT1060 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

thomas96    12,846

Yeah baby if we just hit on one WR in the draft who can produce like a solid #1, then we're in much better shape than last year at WR. Now for that problem at LT....

FearTheCats    501

Solid veteran possession receiver. He may not be better than LaFell at this point but he is a better fit for Cam and the Panthers than LaFell was.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

thomas96    12,846

Now if we sign Decoud and Terrell Thomas both to cheap contracts, (maybe even vet min.) then this will actually have been a pretty solid FA. And considering our cap situation, an amazing FA.

Jakob    3,945

Good signing, I think we are done signing WR's unless a Stevie Johnson type player is cut.

Mol3m4n    3,170

I don't know how to feel about this. Beggars can't be choosers, but still. Why not wait until after the draft?

PantherFanOne    692

Jason Avant sounds like a person of high character,according to this report..

(" Jason Avant is an avid Scrabble player.[8] During Chris Berman's "Fastest Three Minutes" he referred to him as Jason "You Can't Always Get What" Avant.[9] Avant and his wife, Stacy, live in Clementon, New Jersey. He is the son of Jerry Avant and Claudette Patrick. His brother, Edwon Simmons, was a baseball player, who was drafted by Baltimore Orioles and was a safety at San Diego State. He is now a talent scout for a sports agency in Chicago.[10]

Avant is a Christian. Avant has spoken about his faith saying "I devoted my life to Jesus Christ on May 4, 2003. It was a day when, if you can imagine it, your eyes are opened to a whole different light. On that day, I had a consciousness of God that I never really had before. It’s sort of like being in darkness, but you finally start to see. I realized that day that all of the stuff that I learned growing up was backwards, according to the Scripture. It was the day that changed my life. I started realizing that I had a purpose, and every thought from that day on went through a filter of Jesus Christ first. Before I can make a decision I have to think, ʻWould it be pleasing to God?’".)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chairman Wow