Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Sign Avant to 1 Year Deal

342 posts in this topic

Posted

Jason Avant sounds like a person of high character,according to this report..

(" Jason Avant is an avid Scrabble player.[8] During Chris Berman's "Fastest Three Minutes" he referred to him as Jason "You Can't Always Get What" Avant.[9] Avant and his wife, Stacy, live in Clementon, New Jersey. He is the son of Jerry Avant and Claudette Patrick. His brother, Edwon Simmons, was a baseball player, who was drafted by Baltimore Orioles and was a safety at San Diego State. He is now a talent scout for a sports agency in Chicago.[10]

Avant is a Christian. Avant has spoken about his faith saying "I devoted my life to Jesus Christ on May 4, 2003. It was a day when, if you can imagine it, your eyes are opened to a whole different light. On that day, I had a consciousness of God that I never really had before. It’s sort of like being in darkness, but you finally start to see. I realized that day that all of the stuff that I learned growing up was backwards, according to the Scripture. It was the day that changed my life. I started realizing that I had a purpose, and every thought from that day on went through a filter of Jesus Christ first. Before I can make a decision I have to think, ʻWould it be pleasing to God?’".)

6 people like this

Posted

@jjones9: The Panthers now have what they believe to be two strong veteran WRs in the locker room. It's clear what they wanted to do in free agency

5 people like this

Posted

Young speedster and two behemoths at OT and we are set to take the NFCS again

4 people like this

Posted

Great news.

Posted

Well...We may not have the bestest WR corp. in the league. But if we can fill it out with a 1-2 round WR, we may be good to go. We are not going to set the world on fire, but, our drops should diminish. That alone is worth the price of admittance.

Fill out the roster in FA, then draft talent. Gman has been true to his word so far. I can live with that.

2 people like this

Posted

Good signing right here. If we get some young WR's in the draft, a vet like Avant will be key.  Plus, old dude catches everything thrown his way.  Will be a great WR to have out there on 3rd downs.

3 people like this

Posted

Cotchery was a veteran presence. Now we have 2 veteran presences at WR

Posted

So do we still double dip or nah...

In my opinion a group of the following would be fun to watch...

1. Cooks, Avant

2. Cotchery, Latimer, King

Slot: Underwood

2 people like this

Posted

Love it.  Cotchery and Avant will be great mentors for the young studs we (hopefully) take in the draft. 

Posted

I'm not sure how I feel like this..he makes us better but we already have a team full of third and forth team recievers.

Posted

This dude is Boldin lite and can make tough catches that Jojo couldn't.

Posted

Yeah! Woo hooo!