Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Panthers Sign Avant to 1 Year Deal

Best Answer Frizzy350, 07 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Just because you have bodies at a position doesnt mean you don't have a need. If any one thinks we can compete with this current crop of receivers, you are sadly, hilariously, mistaken. 

Its as good if not better than last year's group at receiver, and we won the NFC South with those guys.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#331 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Cam will never be worth 100 million if his best receiving target is Jerricho Cotchery, or even a 5'9 35 year old Steve Smith. You have to get him some weapons and it needs to be done in this draft. No excuses

Lol what?

Cam would/can be worth 100mil because he makes everyone around him better and can do more with less.

Like Flacco, he has weapons but is he worth 100 mil? Is Cutler worth 100mil? Andy Dalton?

Does Cam need better players around him? Yes, not just him but the Panthers do but to say he won't be worth x$ because of what he has around him only, is silly.

#332 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Lol what?

Cam would/can be worth 100mil because he makes everyone around him better and can do more with less.

Like Flacco, he has weapons but is he worth 100 mil? Is Cutler worth 100mil? Andy Dalton?

Does Cam need better players around him? Yes, not just him but the Panthers do but to say he won't be worth x$ because of what he has around him only, is silly.

His production would not equate to 100 million...Give Cam Cutler's targets and we'd win a Super Bowl.

#333 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

His production would not equate to 100 million...Give Cam Cutler's targets and we'd win a Super Bowl.

He's produced just fine with average receiving corp at best already.

And again you missed my point. Stafford has thrown for crazy yards and TDs but is he worth 100 mil? No.

It's more than just production when you are talking that kind of money.

#334 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,898 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

When did I say you should ignore the defensive side of the ball? You guys think I'm the biggest WR supporter on the forum, but I'm firmly against double dipping at any position including WR. It's absolutely about maximizing your investment, let's not forget this is a business. Paying a game manager 100 million dollars is bad business and will handicap this team. You think we're cap strapped now, imagine this team with Cam make 20 million a year and not 5. You guys would be calling for his head with every little mistake.

Cam Newton is never a game manager. The difference between a playmaker and game manager isn't just defined in how many passing attempts a guy has.

Cam will never be a game manager. He is a playmaker

#335 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

We've rented a 2nd veteran, proven receiver. That beats the ? guys we had last year in Ginn and Hixon in my book. Underwood's a ?, but 2 quality possession guys, along with Olsen, puts us in better shape than last year, and you shouldn't count on the draft to fill a bare WR cupboard. Gman has done a good FA job at this position if you ask me.

#336 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Cam Newton is never a game manager. The difference between a playmaker and game manager isn't just defined in how many passing attempts a guy has.

Cam will never be a game manager. He is a playmaker

He's a playmaker that we treat like a game manager.

#337 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,898 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

He's a playmaker that we treat like a game manager.

A guy averaging @4,000 total yards and 30+ TDs over his first 3 years is not being treated as a game manager.

We use Cam in a variety of different ways including designed QB runs and read option plays to take advantage of his unique skill set.

Just because he doesn't always throw the ball 35 times doesnt mean he is being used as a game manager

#338 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

A guy averaging @4,000 total yards and 30+ TDs over his first 3 years is not being treated as a game manager.

We use Cam in a variety of different ways including designed QB runs and read option plays to take advantage of his unique skill set.

Just because he doesn't always throw the ball 35 times doesnt mean he is being used as a game manager

He was seen as more of a game managers last year. Because the Defense was seen as the reason we won games.
Even thoe he had to carry this offense with perfect throws and scrambling magic in a lot of games.

His Wr Yac yards and Oline protection issues really were the problem why his numbers weren't as good as they should have been.

#339 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

people saying cam doesn't need weapons baffle me, I know cam can play at a high level without top wrs but you want to maximize Cam's full potential.

having playmakers around him also will make his job easier, he shouldn't have to go in every game playing perfect

i like the signings these guys are more sure handed then lafell and ginn, but that's all i can say right now

#340 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Another Gettleman bargain deal.

@RavensInsider 9h

Jason Avant one-year Panthers deal: $1.05 million, $855,000 salary, $150,000 signing bonus, $45,000 workout bonus

#341 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

By my count that knocks Melvin White out of the top 51 contracts (his hit is just under $500k), so the net cap hit is about $550k.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#342 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

I see a lot of arguments on whether he can be a #2 who cares, he is better than anything we had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.