Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where We Stand: Receiving *UPDATED* 4/10

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Who exactly is gonna make it over them?

Mcnutt or King or Bersin or late round rookie.

Remember Drayton was cut after TC. He was brought back due to injuries.

Posted · Report post

TE's and RB's caught: 63 passes for 1396 and 3 TD's

Olsen had 73 receptions and 6 TDs last year by himself. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I definitely like the signing but it's not enough. We absolutely have to nail the draft and get WR who WILL contribute year one.

Posted · Report post

Compe-fucking-tetion. No WR is coming into TC to sleep. Hopefully this brings the best in the core, like I hope some of them are studying film by this time type competition

Posted · Report post

Lee/KB and a TE(CJ, ASJ, Amaro, Nicklas, Grimble) is my dream scenario for the draft. I'm not really on the double dip bandwagon as much.

I do think though the offense needs 2 more weapons via the draft as well as a OT and OG depth(if no Wharton)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Olsen had 73 receptions and 6 TDs last year by himself. 

Thanks for catching that, when adding the math I left olsen's receptions and TD's out

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for catching that, when adding the math I left olsen's receptions and TD's out

Add in Tolberts and Williams 50 catches and another 500 yards as well.  I have hopes that Stewart can come back healthy and make the screen game even better this year.

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton made Ted Ginn relevant enough to get a three year deal one season after having two catches. Think about that when you fret about these receivers.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think we have signed 3 wrs in fa because we have a lot of needs the top of the draft can address. I believe we will draft a pass catching TE because I think olsen will be released next offseason sadlu unless he takes a paycut. I think we will try for a #1 type reciever also and then with the rest of the draft focus on oline and defense. Mainly secondary. I expect there to be a gem de or olb that falls to us in the mid rounds that we cant pass up on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Add in Tolberts and Williams 50 catches and another 500 yards as well.  I have hopes that Stewart can come back healthy and make the screen game even better this year.

already had them added in

Posted · Report post

I think we have signed 3 wrs in fa because we have a lot of needs the top of the draft can address. I believe we will draft a pass catching TE because I think olsen will be released next offseason sadlu unless he takes a paycut. I think we will try for a #1 type reciever also and then with the rest of the draft focus on oline and defense. Mainly secondary. I expect there to be a gem de or olb that falls to us in the mid rounds that we cant pass up on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah I hope none of this happens.

Olsen still has years left in him.

The secondary has a lot of young talent already.

And I don't want to waste a draft pick on the D line at all.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We are a run first, move the chains, field position offense. In order to make this work effectively you need a legitimate deep threat to keep the opponent from bringing a safety down in the box. These 4.3 guys will be in about every round of the draft, and it's not improbable that we could find one who would contribute in the 5,6, or 7 round. The most important part is solidifying the OL and DBs. Unless Gman/Rivera has identified a specfic WR that they will take if he's there, I would expect them to go OL/CB
1 person likes this